Eels hunt the Fox

Josh addo-carr to the parramatta eels?

The Parramatta eels will be watching the grand final carefully as they are set to make a huge play for josh Addo-Carr what makes this more interesting is gutho moving to centre and josh addo-carr wanting fullback it all makes sense now that storm bought eels George jennings.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lol you tell me col.

• Poppa I noticed something with kick protection this season. A lot of the other teams, on the 5th tackle, position a player just to the side of the ruck to impede the path of the markers to get to the kicker. Not sure if this is legal or not, but many teams did it. However, it's not something that I saw our team do a lot or at all. Could explain the lack of protection. And again, highlights those 1% plays that we are not doing as well as the other teams.

• N Brown, Lane and RCG do it form time to time but not on  regular basis.

Rules that grind my gears - it is by definition a shepherd and OFFSIDE, should be outlawed along with dummy runners and "protecting" the kick receiver.

Get back to playing a real game FFS.

• It is technically illegal as it is blocking a defender however rarely penalised.

• Pops, I'm not sure of the overall benefits of having Joey here this year. My primary reasoning for it was that he was not included in the eels bubble, and spent much of the time talking through the fence, basically not having the hands on did not help, but I also am not sure that only having him for a day at a time was also not of great help either.

Certainly in my mind this year while not being an overall success as the team fell short, having no real back up players/teams playing also did not that much either, hopefully going forward and that is what's needed on a primary scale is trainers in specific areas need to be at training more than a one day week situation rather than the single day that was only partilally available this year. Joey had to mix his time with his media work along with some work with our halves combo's which was of no great value at the end of the day.

I do believe though that there is a need for a specific coach especially for our halves and backs. With the season now finished, once SOO is finished I would like to see every player given a thorough medical especially with those players that have suffered injuries this season. With the need to have those injuries treated to ensure the players come back for next season injury free.

We have talked on assistent coaches for the team over the year, & remember one specific blog that had mention of Spud Carrol who owns a gym at St Marys IIRC, he is a fit person and had a fair defensive record as well & would not mind seeing him with the eels squad next year.  I also remember & forget when it was that a former coach of the eels, some years back brought in person who was involved with sports injuries and was also involved in the area of training which helped in both fitness as well as injury prevention and treatment, which IIRC was a benefit to the teams as a result.

While the club/team has been on an up over the past 2 years there's still a way to go and that means the whole of the leadership including the board, coach and others that are involved with the training areas of the team, all need to be in constant review of not just one section of the club, (team & players) but in all areas.  Would not hurt in the orf season for all to get together to review and plan the future, while that may take place already, they have to be honest with each other as to their own pluses and minuses and where all can improve on and off the field.

• Brown does have a kicking game he just doesn't get to utilise and develop it enough because moses is the primary kicker.

Moving Brown to half back is the key to us breaking our drought,  I would switch roles with him and moses next season with a long term view of making gutho our 6 in 2022 paired up with Brown in the 7 and moses moved on.

• You had me until the ORF SEEZUN MADNESS comment of taking Gutho away from FB.

• But but but not until 2022 col, hear me out, the game is getting faster again and pure speed around the ruck will be very important and gutho isn't quite quick enough to take full advantage like a papenhausen (f#cked if I can spell it) or duffty and the like plus gutho is the type of player that parra needs to get his hands on the ball more.

• This reply was deleted.
            • Brown controlled the game quite well when moses was out, we were winning,  in fact we didn't start losing until Brown was out and moses was left to run the team. Whilst I admit he still has a lot of improvement left in him he will only get that if he is given the opportunity and imo that should start next season with Brown being the dominant half and moses playing to his strengths.  As for gutho, I am quite happy for him to remain at fullback at least for another season,  maybe two but imo he needs to switch to 5/8 to go to that next level.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Pork Rind replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I think Lomax hanging around with Corey Norman too much  while he was there. We don't need anymore of these players in our team"
13 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Frank, Gus highly recommends The Dynasty in Belmore, as having sublime Chinese to die for."
14 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Fiji ladies and gents you want to find the next Turuva Sivo Radradra Ravalawa and alike they are there."
14 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Canterbury leagues the best San choy bow in NSW.  Id take 50k less undoubtedly "
14 minutes ago
More…