Dilemma - Short or long dropout?

Being aggresive by nature, I've always favoured my team to take a short drop out in order to increase the chance to get the ball back than acquiescing and giving the ball back to the opposition to start off their attack 50 metres out. This gives them the chance to spread the ball on the 3rd or 4th tackle adding variety to their attacking set.

I really don't know why most teams prefer to do this especially when they have just defended 2 sets already. The only time they usually go for the short kick is when they are losing and there isn't much time left in the game.

If I was coach, I would practice short dropout tactics only.

I look forward to input why some think that the long drop out overweighs the short one.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I prefer the low drop out to the edges varible bounce good chance and the opposition are out of shape for plays 1 and 2

• Short 

you haven’t wasted too much time 

waste time on something you don’t want to do pfft

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Thanks for the support Grunta appreciate and glad you like it. Keep up the support."
17 seconds ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Parra to bounce back but unfortunately manly too much strike power in the backs.
Manly 30
Eels 10
Making sure I've downed a Heineken before 8pm"
5 minutes ago
shane replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"tipping the Eels
Sanders to have a blinder showing we don't need Moses as he has a better kicking game
Eels by 2
MOM Sanders"
13 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
""
32 minutes ago
More…