David Gulpil - Great Man Rest in Peace Brother

Its with very sad news to hear the passing away of a truly great man Mr. David Gulpil today. 

Once-in-a-generation’ actor David Gulpilil dies

1706b0caf76cb6adbf00d2cf95dbbfa7da04e538
By Marta Pascual Juanola
November 29, 2021 — 10.44pm

Warning: This story contains the name and images of a deceased Indigenous person. David Gulpilil’s name and image have been reproduced with his family’s consent. Acclaimed Indigenous actor, singer, and painter David Gulpilil has died at the age of 68. South Australian Premier Steven Marshall confirmed the news in a statement. David Gulpilil in 2021 in the film My Name Is Gulpilil.CREDIT:MILES ROWLAND. “It is with deep sadness that I share with the people of South Australia the passing of an iconic, once-in-a-generation artist who shaped the history of Australian film and Aboriginal representation on screen – David Gulpilil Ridjimiraril Dalaithngu,” the statement read.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One of our great actors/artists - may he rest in peace 

• A legend, has left legacy all over the World.

And a true gentleman without a bad word for anyone.

Paved the way for many Indigenous actors, dancers,literacy pundits and educator on the true Australian cultural history.

Condolences to family and friends 

• A true gentleman 😂😂.  Had multiple convictions for violence against women. 

• Hes not white wiz, so he can do what ever he wants and get a free pass.

• I have a mate who's a far far left muso. Good bloke , he's been involved with youth work his whole life and has helped hundreds of young kids find their way for many years. Every single day he's posting something about domestic violence against women and lecturing males about our responsibilities to ensure we educate other males on the topic. I've always bitten my toungue and not commented as I do respect what he's done in his life ( has also helped many local bands make it big ). Anywho the other day he posted a big tribute about this guys death and how he's a true ambassador and how much the world will miss him. All I wrote was ,

";well I reckon there's an Ex spouse or 3 that will sleep easier tonight knowing they won't get their bones broken" 

his response was that " this dude was also a victim , generational trauma , etc blah blah blah "  in summary it's the white man who bashed his partners in some kind of proxy method , and his spousal abuse should be some kind of lesson for us.  

unbelievable, the mindset shows that as long as these lefties breathe air indigenous issues will always be present no matter how much money we throw at them. They need indigenous issues for them to feel like they're fighting for something. 

• Anything that fits the leftist narrative they turn a blind eye to, America is a massive example. Trump could blow his nose with a paper towel and would make national news that he is too good for tissues. Biden on the other hand makes mistakes and the media hide it or defend him as much as they can.

It is the left mentality and thank god Australia are nowhere near where USA are in terms of influence from the very far left.

• LB, it won't be long mate . The education system has already got the wheels in motion in ensuring the next generation of children are woke lefties. 

• The thing that I find amusing in these conversations is the line of thinking that all men need to take a stand against domestic violence. We all need to stand up against it. We all need to be better educated. But hey, not the guy that actually performs the violence, he has excuses for his actions...

• Ikr meelk. Like the asshole bashing his mrs is my bro just cause we both got dicks. Sticking your nose in others domestics is a great way to get it cut off. I will not allow a woman to be beaten in front of me, but that is where my interest stops  

• bingo

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Then again, tired middle opens up the ruck for Api to do his thing.
We will give him space but will halves help him. Our spine is much better with Gutho and Brown in there."
14 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
41 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Can anyone actually see this happening. Lomax at the Eels? "
47 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Hardly the point that I was making!"
1 hour ago
More…