Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur

https://www.zerotackle.com/clubs-monitoring-status-of-manly-playmaker-207580/?fbclid=IwAR23TunwpK9Oa0Q2tlGm5kcBWPVQS5u-0wWjzWJlY25ho8rs9RFnZrQdp2M_aem_ASTFWqQ6F4_kIZTvrg_AIODaKafD_IF19Qf5WPJ94VJcsxlO6GXbvbmOq-aFqDmB-owhj23vYF8e-jSvj2oRMbGo

Jake Arthur may be under contract at the Manly Sea Eagles until the end of the 2025 season, but teams are reportedly closely monitoring his status at the club.

Signed by the Manly Sea Eagles from the Parramatta Eels midway through last season, he has played six games for the club and was even handed a two-year contract extension in September last year.

However, with the arrival of Luke Brooks and the club placing Jamie Humphreys as the third-choice option in the halves, he has moved down the club's pecking order.

With multiple teams around the league lacking depth in their halves, The Daily Telegraph reports that several NRL clubs are closely monitoring his status at the Manly Sea Eagles.

Still only 21 years old, Arthur has spent the beginning of this season in the NSW Cup but is likely to leave if an NRL opportunity comes up at another club.

Primarily playing in the halves, former NRL premiership winner Luke Lewis stated last year that he could see Arthur potentially moving to the forwards as a ball-playing lock.

"He's got some really good footwork, he's strong, he's tough, he goes looking for the ball, always wants to get heavily involved," Lewis said on The Short Side.

"I do believe Jakob Arthur's body shape though, will turn him into a 13."

"Jake's pretty tall, he's a big boy already. But as he puts some more size on, I think he'll be a really nice ball-playing lock."

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep don't need those Arthur's either lol...

• At 21 if he was a good enough 7,  he wouldn't be 19th man continually.  He's very slow off the mark and he seems to take forever to kick.

Many have said his best position maybe lock if he filled in for the future 

No from myself 

• How do ppl know he has great vision ? 😫🤷‍♀️

honest question - how did anybody know what was in his head accurately from what we witnessed ?

I know you guys are miles ahead of me reading stuff that's why I'm asking why some of you have him as a coach 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Personally my assessment is based on the fact that he's been in the coaching box since he was a scratch in his father's pants. He should have picked up something then but of course, no guarantees. 

• Really ? Ok 

if he was Bellamy's son yeh I can understand that assumption by people .... I don't get this one lol sorry 

• Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Titan replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"Accountants don't want to spend 1.5m plus for a coach that will demand full control. Better spend 500k on rookie and keep the power"
2 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Mediocre
"There was a gap year between Souths and Dolphins. Bennett's announcement was predicated by who got the licence. It was known he was going to coach the team that won the right.
That is bullshit about Ryles, no one at Parra board level would have even…"
7 minutes ago
Mathew Clarke replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"If it turns out the Eels board didn't/aren't throwing everything at Bennett or Bellamy and instead went with Ryles, they all need to be sacked. Fair enough if they did/are doing everything they can to get them and don't, but if it was simply they…"
9 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Speech's discussion NRL Charges
"It was a massive brain fart by Sivo but an even bigger one by the ref to bin him.
Manly were performing similar if not as clumsy looking after tackle stuff all game. "
13 minutes ago
More…