Canberra won, what now?

We have heard it, we have thought it, we have said it, heck, even the club has said it to justify not sacking our coach. But there's no excuses now for having players out.

Canberra were missing their halfback, fullback and three forwards that would all make their 17, but still won. They went all the way from Canberra to Manly and found a way.

Let's not forget manly went into the game with only one injury and it being a player that isn't exactly guaranteed a spot every week. Obviously an absolute shocker from Manly and the fans probably wish dce was out so they could save face all week at work. But that's not the point of this post.

Well done Canberra, now over to you Brad.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yup.. he sticks with the up and coming kids and it's starting to pay dividends. Ricky  is not a wanker, he is a legend and Brad is a wanker!

• He signs players to fill gaps. We sign fucking eggs and over pay the rest.  Players like Papali are far more valuable to a team than money grabbing marshmelows like Paulo.  Ricky has some very gritty players. 

• They have to be gritty. I've spent some time in Canberra in the winter. I grew up in Cootamundra, but Canberra felt a lot friggin colder than Coota. In summer, it always seemed a lot hotter too. Must be torture training there.

• It's a cunt of a place . Spend lots of time down there for work and I hate it. The people are a bit strange and yup , it's either fucking hot or fucking cold.  And the buildings in the South look like North Korea .  Did a recent Stadium tour for a tender and even GIO is still a dive of a stadium. You can hit golf balls onto it from a platform next to the stupid big horn during the week for a fee. 

I honestly couldn't imagine how torturing it'd be living out in one of those new highrise unit estates like Gunghalin townc centre in the summer . Yuck. 

• And now Newcastle two in a row without their best player and highest paid player in the game, Ponga.

Well done Newcastle, and again, over to you Brad.

• Newcastle won too without Ponga. But injuries have effected our seasons, 2025 will be fine.

• I used to think that way but the "good" clubs and evidently even the "bad" clubs (recently as per this post I have made) find a way to win despite injuries

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Longfin Eel replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Tipping delivery drivers on attitude!
"Maybe you should just support your local pizza joint and actually get in the car to pick it up yourself? You'll save so much mucking around, can check right there it the order is right, and will get your pizza so much quicker. By the way, why are…"
46 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"He looks fast. We need that. But before we bet the farm there's much more to consider. We lack competition for spots in our outside backs. We have no speed in our outside backs compared to many other clubs. If I'm buying a FB I'm going to the top…"
49 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! posted a discussion
This has always been a big thing for me, tipping the delivery drivers on the food I've ordered on their attitudes and customer service. Doesn't matter how late or whatever other issues have happened. This is going to be a long rant and hopefully I'm…
1 hour ago
Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Again we completely agree "
1 hour ago
More…