Canberra won, what now?

We have heard it, we have thought it, we have said it, heck, even the club has said it to justify not sacking our coach. But there's no excuses now for having players out.

Canberra were missing their halfback, fullback and three forwards that would all make their 17, but still won. They went all the way from Canberra to Manly and found a way.

Let's not forget manly went into the game with only one injury and it being a player that isn't exactly guaranteed a spot every week. Obviously an absolute shocker from Manly and the fans probably wish dce was out so they could save face all week at work. But that's not the point of this post.

Well done Canberra, now over to you Brad.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Snake was right...

• It's only an excuse for Brad, it's not a proper excuse at other clubs. The dicks on the board can't see that other teams can still win without their best players

• "We are conscience of injuries" from the board themselves.

• Falling into the pattern of whoever we play tend to lose the following week. 

Only Penrith and Raiders (golden point over Titans) have won the week after playing us. 

Why is it so ....FIIK!!

• I've given up on BA getting punted this year, he will definitely be here for the remainder of the season.

• Broncos will be without Reynolds and Jesse Arthur's at a minimum next week but we will still have to hear about how Arthur needs some understanding because of all our injuries.

If the Broncos smash us next week the excuse will be even weaker than it already is.

Bennett should sit tight for the next 2-3 weeks as the media will really pile on the pressure if we get flogged over the next few weeks and the board may have a change of mind

• If Souths cannot get deal done next week, they'll know something is up. That was brought up by Caryannis I believe. He reckons Souths will get this done as soon as next to avoid Parra getting a chance but Bennett might tip toe.

If Bennett is not signed by this time next week and we get slaughtered, media will have a field day.

• Manly were avg second half. But I have more respect for Canberra than I did last season. Ricky has taken on kids to sort the roster and he's got a Fullback, and 5/8 and new half and they did well. What I like is their toughness- they also work the teams around. 
    It shows that it can be done with attitude and effort 

• As much as I dislike ricky I have to admit he is a far better coach than BA.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"Our pathways suck as does our juniors. 
To many Rousehill Rhinos. 
It will take years and years and years to get our pathways right and that's with a competent board, R&R committee, CEO and coach.
With all the Muppets we have, it could take a decade…"
3 minutes ago
ParraPride replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Lots of grubs and criminals come out from penrith.."
9 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"4 teams below us travelling worse is pretty funny actually 🤣. "
11 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"They sure can attack, but don't do anything else well 🤣"
13 minutes ago
More…