Can we still go all the way?

I still have some faith in this young team.. just not much lol. 

This particular game. 5 day turn around after playing in one of the wettest games you could imagine. Then having to play wet again. A wet track is a great leveller (who would have thought the Penrith Warriors game would be that close, are Penrith starting to choke?). We played a spirited team, the V's we're giving it all they had. The game just went against us, a couple of dropped balls where we should have been putting on the pressure, the ridiculous bunker calls etc, were enough with the obvious fatigue and resulting sloppy play to cost us the game. Last year  we would have lost by 20. I think with a dry track and a normal turn around we would have smoked them. (But not Penrith or Melbourne...)

The season as a whole? We’ve got a hooker and 5/8th who are still very inexperienced. A couple of tough games gets to young heads. The talent is there, but not quite the mental toughness yet. There has definitely been some silly passing the last few weeks. Hopefully we can keep that spine for a few more years.

Moses is our weakest link. I think we played better without him for except our last kick options. That’s his only saving grace. He’s got a great boot, but in the opposition’s 20, he seems pretty clueless at creating space unless we’re totally on top anyway. A couple of times he got the ball yesterday near the line yesterday he just ran sideways waiting for someone else to run on the ball. Definitely not the Cronk or JT this team needs to be serious contenders.(Usually when I post about Moses inabilities he puts in a smoker the next game so if we beat Melbourne, thank me later lol)

Can we win the premiership?

Probably not, but not impossible. We may be under training for a bit so we can hit our straps again sweetly as we hit the finals. I think maybe the roosters are rope-a-doping too for a bit.

Storm and Penrith may be peaking too early.

Maybe Fergo and Sivo are playing injured (surely Sivo can’t be run down that easy)

Maybe this loss will make them stop believing they can just coast and still win

But that’s a lot of Maybe’s

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No I don't think we can match Melbourne or Roosters at full strength right now. 

We're just relying on the efforts from RCG Paulo Gutho and N Brown to get us this far, but as the season wears on, they can't sustain that level hence our form reversal. BA is more an efforts coach but effort can only get you so far. 

We can't match Melbourne in the footy smarts department. They do everything right especially getting a quick play the ball when ours is bog slow.   Our spine is still relatively inexperienced and will improve.  We also needed to rest Mahoney and RCG but didn't. Mahony really needs some relief.  Also our wingers need to step up and take more runs. Lane needs to do more.

• Yeah full marks for effort, even overplaying their hand a lot last night trying to hard. Smarts are seriously lacking .. 

• Month ago I woulda said na no one beating roosters. I reckon we still gotta another gear to go come semis. We got a chance. 

• No hope, never realy had the team to go all the way, watching the Eels over the last 6 weeks we are struggling in executing a decent game plan. I watch our attack inside the opposition 30 and we look lost. Yes DB is only 20, but has now played 25 plus NRL games, his game is going bacwards, he offers very little with the ball and worse with the kick.Also NB plays 100 mile an hour but not smart, to much sideways which fucks up the attack. 

To be honnest i think we have 3 or 4 players who are down on form and have been for weeks. Right now BA has not got the forumla to take a side to a grand final let alone win one.

And yes Poppa i think DB,s performance over the last 6 weeks is well below par and the Eels major problem, next is RM struggling to go 80 minutes.

• We CAN and are well on the way to "going all the way"

ALL the way out of the top 8.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Ignore him, he’s in full troll mood right now. 

• We definitely can, we need to improve our line speed, support play and defense reads on the edges, but injuries to all teams is going to play a big part this year 

• Anything is possible in this game. This is a battle of who can keep their squads healthy leading into the semis . Although the Panthers and Storm are flying high, a serious injury to their main playmakers could spell the end of their campaigns - same with us.

At full strength I think we are dangerous but not good enough to beat the storm at full strength currently.

• No chance.

we need to start playing footy and try to start to play the ball quickly, instead we are trying to milk every play and it slows us down. Just bloody play the ball and have faith in the team to get the job done. Sooo frustrating. Maika Sivo is shit !!!!! 
    Id rather play Oregan Kaufusi on the wing then that dope. He has to be the slowest winger in the league. Never does he try to beat the player with pace.... ohhh man he is soo shit 

• Yes

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
56 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We'll just been watching Matty John's Late, Hindy n Fletch interviewing Dragons - Lawrie, Lomax n Coach son, gotta say Lawrie n Lomax complete fuckwits. Coach son was pretty cool but other two prime nobs
Dragons can keep Lomax cause we have a No…"
1 hour ago
More…