Buzz's Lowlights

12427962489?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Parramatta Eels are under fire again for lack of fan interaction. A member, Matt Butcher from Griffith and his eight-year-old daughter Ella made the seven-hour trip on Saturday for the Cowboys game. Petrol, accommodation, tickets and meals set them back $800.

The member sent me an email last week which I passed onto the club. All they wanted was an opportunity for a couple of autographs and selfies.

I forwarded the email to Josh Drayton, the Eels’ boss of communications. He told me he would contact the family … but didn’t. On Sunday morning they travelled home understandably disappointed.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ive spoken to BA today and feels the pain. He and D Brown, gutho and Lane are driving down to Griffith to take a 1000 photos with u.

Then BA said next time your in Sydney, come to his house for some fish n chips like Zac did. Hope this makes up for your disappoitments

• Well said Muttman. If there is not more background to this request than what is presented here, Boo, fucking hoo. There is no guarantee that everyone who would like a photo or an autograph with certain players, or any player at all, will actually get one. 
    Also, if there is not more background detail regarding this, and old mate Matt Butcher just thinks he is more special than other random punters, he is being a shit parent if he has sold his child a promise he has no control over. Life is not fair and it won't be the only time his child will need to 'travel home disappointed' in life. Good learning moment for his child. Use it as an opportunity to teach some good life lessons. You can't always get what you want and when things don't go as you would like, it builds resilience. 
    A number of players did walk around and engage with supporters for up to 30-40 mins before they left the field. Penisini, Asi, Joffa, Junior, Brown at least. Brown was the last to leave the field. He had spent plenty of time on the Eastern sideline. There were still plenty of fans at the Northern end calling out and hoping he would come over. So the mad Butcher and his child would not be alone in hoping they had more luck.

• Hi Matt, did that go how you thought it would?

2024 Dad of the Year

• What a fucking knob head.  The accomodation would've been $500 of that . I could understand him being pissed if they put on a Raiders like performance , but fuck me champ you got the excitement plus package and have the shits cause you didn't get to dock dicks with a few players who had 10,000 other fuckwits to throw their little footys at. 

• Hey Matt , 

I managed to use my Connect's at the club and got in contact with a couple of your old mates and grabbed the Princess a couple of rare autographs . 

12428287260?profile=RESIZE_930x

• You always deliver the goods amigo! 🤣

Its a bad look, Matt...up there with Bronson Xerri's nose job. Went from Owen Wilson to Michael Jackson in an off-season.

Maybe the juice 💉 💪🏼💪🏼made his nose 👃 shrink like his nuts 🥜. 

• 🤣🤣🤣

• Do you think you could get me a signed Bongo picture? It's the equivalent of drawing the Michael Jordan gold card from the pack in the old collector card days. 

• Sorry mate , he was very busy making a lantana bonsai at a housing trust site he's been running behind on. But finally caught him for you. 

12428351897?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Bahahahahaha! 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Same goes for Hopgood, he punches through the line and is ready to offload looking for support and there is no one. So frustrating. This is where we are missing a zippy fullback who is on the ball at all times."
44 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"X2, but a lot of this is basic stuff BA just doesn't get, his gameplan is effort on effort, and if we don't hold possession we lose, without Moses' kicking it's exposed this badly. "
45 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
"Parra's weakness is there back 5 that's where they are the slowest least athletic team in the league.
The fact they haven't invested or have development that is key to them winning the battle in the middle of the field is the Achilles heal of this…"
1 hour ago
Tad replied to The Captain's discussion The Parramatta Eels have learned nothing from last season
" Great Article exposing something where you can learn from  disappointments in being at the bottom of the ladder in what you do. Sometimes being in that place can be a good place to be to have a clearer view on how to progress. If you are midfield…"
2 hours ago
More…