This article was prior to last night's game. But it is mentioned how the draw can spell badly for us. But said how our tactics are outdated and the roster is built for it but it doesn't work in modern day NRL. I love how he says next 6 weeks could make them move early, well surprise surprise this loss was so bad that could do it.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/19/no-more-evolution-why-parras-clash-with-the-dolphins-in-darwin-might-be-a-tipping-point-for-brad-arthur/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The season is gone, time to move some players and coaching staff. Ogden is gone for 3 months as well, so can't even drop forwards really. 

• It is offically. I want to see an interim and let's just go all out with some young kids. See what MA can do. Have these players playing to impress a new coach.

• Any other good outside backs or props coming through? Just fill the team with young guys and let him have a run. Blaize to 1, gutho to 6 and Brown 7. I'm not a fan on gutho 6 but can't get any worse and gives him a break. Ma and hands cover 9. Just need other young blood in the backs with penisini and simmonson. Forwards need to be wheel chaired away and got no idea on any other promising forwards coming through. 

• Don't expect any changes this week accept for maybe sivo back in for Russell.  BA has called the players out and thrown them under the bus, he needs them to reply to save his job. Dead man walking. 

• Well that's what he sounded like, a man trying to save his job.

• No chance....

This club has shown me they have zero appetite for change.

Expect more of the same into 2025 unfortunately.

• Going to need more than a head coach to fix this mess. BA is just the face in the window, there are many more elements that need to change. From the board to recruitment, pathways etc.

Not sure what happened with Nathan Brown and his audit on the place. Did anything come of that? I did hear something about nepotism being identified as an issue.

Until the place is run professionally like the Storm or the Roosters, won't matter who coaches us.

• Brown did the audit and took off, realised what a mess the place is in and ran away. 

• The reason why times up for BA is the massive gulf between our performances good and bad.

After this long at the helm with a stable spine your best and worst performance difference should be minimal. 
    There's always reasons for not playing your best, injuries, weather conditions and whatever other bollocks but it's no excuse.

For a coach getting more out of the  talent at your disposal might win you contracts but getting week in week out efforts  as a collective because of a superior attitude and aptitude will win you a comp.

When we talk about effort areas , as a team unit that's linespeed, kick chase and kick pressure.

Individually that's getting into position early , getting to your feet quickly to marker , fast play the balls, support play , running hard lines , covering defensively from the inside , getting back on side after the oppositions kicked the ball, chasing down line breaks and getting on loose balls ect ect.

What out of those do the Eels collectively and individually do well every week.

Compare our efforts in those areas to the benchmark teams of the last decade in the Storm and Panthers and it's easy to see why we haven't achieved success. 
    The coaching staff are responsible to get players physically and mentally prepared to execute all those aforementioned areas.

If a player can't do those things it's your responsibility to remove them from your squad.

Thats not happening and the power brokers at the club if they haven't already realised this need to go also.

Times up.

• Well said Bup. Had someone comment to me that no point blaming the coach when they forget how to tackle. I replied so it is all the players? He said they should know this. Right so if they should know it, why have a coach? Save money and let them do as they please since they know it. But people forget there is much more to being an NRL coach then just coaching, mental side being one.

His comments last night demonstrated to me a selfish person, throwing others at fault to he is saved. That is not a leader. Though the players deserve the spray, it being out of character and only appearing when he is under pressure makes it worse on BA. We see glimpses of his arrogance and selfishness when the contract talk came up last year, sounded entitled.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"We should of been improving over the last few seasons but we have gone backwards. Having no back half, or plan b going into the season is just plan stupidity. Same with no first grade hooker. 
Forwards look lethargic, slow, under done and not…"
16 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
1 hour ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
2 hours ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
2 hours ago
More…