Brad Arthur press conference

Another embarassing defeat.

I thought Brad Arthur's comments in the after match press conference revealed a lot about what is going on at the Eels.
Firstly he was clearly frustrated and there were indications that he was "Out of answers"

The following comment was particularly telling. Arthur was talking about the players making "soft choices,"
to which he then added "The players have to fix it. We can only talk about it so many times. 
The players have to fix it don't they."

The comment clearly suggests that Arthur was not just referring to the players attitude in this particular match, it indicates
that he has noticed this "attitude" over a significant period of time.

The comment also indicates that he has spoken to the players about this a number of times. The frustation in Arthur's  voice indicates that whatever way he has attempted
to address this has not worked. It has not made a consistent impact among the greater part of the playing group. This seems to indicate that there are
some players who aren't happy with the way Arthur has gone about this.  

The sub text of what Arthur is saying is that there are a number of disgruntled players among the playing group.
A few disgruntled players can affect the whole team dynamic as everyone knows.

The best "man manager" coaches know how to address this.

It would seem, based on these comments that Arthur cannot be placed in that
category.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Arthur is so full of himself believing he is the saviour. Just look what he did whennwe played in the finals. He told the players to treat it as another game instead of the game of their lives. He told them to go to the stadium individually instead of going together. He ants to experiment and try to be different but unfortunately, all his experiments are exploding in his face.

BA RESIGN NOW ! ! !

• That was a huge f up... seeing the Panthers in their team bus turning up to the game from a hotel like they were playing in SOO. Here parra are turning up like they are playing park footy on a Saturday morning 

• Before Smith 'resigned', Denis Fitzgerald had already announced before the 2006 season kicked off that Smith's contract wouldn't be renewed and that Hagan would be head coach in 2007. Smith only resigned after an off field incident occurred with Tim Smith and Riddell and clearly the players weren't putting in. 

Smith would have hung around longer if Fitzgerald didn't end it. 

• That was totally on the players last night, same as previous weeks. In saying that, what it shows is that he has lost the dressing room. His time is up and can take a few of the older blokes with him, the game is just to fast and hard for older blokes to keep putting in and keeping up with the speed of the game. 

• Exactly 

• It was on the players but BA gets blame too, he talks attitude well he has let that happen under his watch. Too little, too late to call them out now.

• BA could of said or did anything, then players weren't interested. Didn't care about the club, supporters or anything but themselves last night. When the team do that it's time for a new coach, clean out and start again. He was pissed, they obviously didn't listen to the game plan, during the game went against his decisions and disrespected him and the club. I've got a lot of issues with ba,  he has lost the dressing room and nothing he could of said or done would of pulled there heads in. 

I actually loved it, for once he called the players out and never seen him do that before. It will show over the next few weeks if he has lost the dressing room or the players respond to his actions. The players deserved it, he could of been a lot harsher but obviously he won't accept mediocre bs from the players. 

• I agree, they don't care. Not even a sorry to the fans. They only care how they look and not what the club or fans think.

• I have a massive sticker on my car 

I'm so embarrassed to drive it today 😫

bet they ain't embarrassed today on their massive salaries and tik Tok rappy crap😡

• Lost the dressing room

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"We should of been improving over the last few seasons but we have gone backwards. Having no back half, or plan b going into the season is just plan stupidity. Same with no first grade hooker. 
Forwards look lethargic, slow, under done and not…"
1 minute ago
Hell On Eels replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Frankie, Yep, fair points.
Yet, hasn't Sue Coleman been with us for some time? And her profile says she held a position on our PNRL footy board before.
Sue was at the 66th AGM (Jack's Bar and Grill) on 27 Feb 2024 in her capacity as a director of…"
51 minutes ago
Snakey - Sack Dylan Brown replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Exactly right Brad, we're in the comfort zone, we have been for a long time under BA and this board.
Theres plenty of people at the club feathering their own nests and pissing in each others pockets.
Theres obviously a huge lack of accountability…"
1 hour ago
KENDOZA replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Gutho is so far up Arthur's arse if he spits its coming out of Arthur's mouth"
1 hour ago
More…