Big News On Lomax

The inside information and this is from a credible source,  - This Saturday will be the last game Lomax will play in the red V.  Make of this what you will.  Parramatta are odds on and have made it known through the media that we are after him.

Whether he joins the eels or another team, I've only been told that He'll be playing in other colours in the next few weeks. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd sign for that.

• Why not??.....It's a bloody good feed the Chinese at Canterbury Leagues...

• Canterbury leagues the best San choy bow in NSW.  Id take 50k less undoubtedly 

• Frank, Gus highly recommends The Dynasty in Belmore, as having sublime Chinese to die for.

• And the local kebab shop

• Yeah fine if we can snag him but I'd not be paying the full amount. He's not worth that for us!  Maybe $400-500z 

• When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?

It's not the formula to success 

• Depends how expensive you mean, Al?

Lomax isn't worth 800k & the Eels won't pay that, he knows it's a pay cut to play elsewhere at centre.

All of the past 10 premiership teams had more $ in invested in their centres than the Eels, and some do have big $.

2021/2022/2023 - Panthers / Stephen Crichton.

2020 - Storm / Will Chambers 

2018/2019 - Roosters / Latrell & Manu.

2017 - Storm / Will Chambers

2016 - Sharks / Jack Bird 

2015 - Cowboys won but the Broncos lost by a point with Justin Hodges.

2013 - Roosters / Michael Jennings 

If there was one formula to success, every team would follow it meticulously. But every team has a different make-up and DNA.

Id much prefer a Dom Young but Lomax could be available & he instantly gives us a better chance of winning in 2024. He's also a back up FB option & a great goal kicker. 

It all depends what position the club sees Talagi's future in, but as great a talent as he is, he's a developing player & he's going to need time?

Respect your opinion as always Al, but disagree - Lomax would be a huge signing (at a reduced price of course, if it's 800k only, I'd agree with you). 

• I can see what Al is saying. Not so much last time a team won with a great Centre, but a Centre on $800k. None of those Centres listed were on more than $600k i would imagine. But also the cap has risen massively over the past 5 years, meaning the expensive prices will soon be seen as normal. Remember when we signed Chris Sandow for $500k a year in 2012? It was considered big money. Now $500k get's you a decent to great player.

As for Talagi, this is the thing i have been thinking of about whether Lomax is a good investment or not. Is Blaize going to need time? Perhaps, but he seems to be a quick learner also. Now, i am sure the plan would be get Lomax, have Talagi as a 14 of some sorts than he will take Gutho's spot at 1 eventually. Or Lomax to Wing to accommodate Talagi. From what i seems playing Wing is an issue, but more so i think it is an added thing to convince the club to release him. Does that mean he would be happy playing Wing at Parramatta? Of course not, but it is something that Parramatta need to think about. It is similar to the Moses/Sanders debate last year. Go with a proven player that has not really done a lot in terms of achievements but know they are still class overall? Or go for a young talent that really could be anything?

Talagi has shown he is up to FG standard. If he can stay injury free i believe the kid will make it comfortably. But Lomax also could be the type of back we need to go that next level. Talagi could be also, can he do it at 19? Maybe but just have to wait and see.

• For sure, as mentioned, 800k & there's no way the Eels will look at him. 600-650k, is possibly a different story. As you mentioned with salary cap, those centres might've been 600k but that was decent coin also.

100% agree though that it all depends where the club see Talagi's future. If that's centre, then Lomax doesn't make sense. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"Plus after he leaves he will dictate who replaces him and who leads the club on the field etc. all I'll say is the board should love the money the fans will bring in with Bennett there, memberships galore."
4 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"We did for a change tbh after Covid. Got a job there through work here and we wanted to do some travel. Tbh it was good but cost of living was little higher - fuel was abt £2 a litre or more. Work got tricky and we travelled and came back mid last…"
6 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"It's been mentioned by several in the media and MC on Grandstand again today. He also mentioned how slow Parra are to move on anything and make decisions."
7 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Bennett is a smokescreen, we are chasing Ryles.
"Yes I agree LB.
Bennett is such a powerful figure and the board just may be exposed of their inadequacies pretty quickly."
9 minutes ago
More…