Bennett for coach 2025

If this club is fair dinkum and he's available he has to be coach.  You can't overlook a coach of his calibre if you have a chance to get him while your coach is Brad Arthur .  It would be doing the club, members , sponsors everyone that's ever been involved with the club  a complete disservice.  It's saying you are happy with being a middle of the road side.

BAs power game grind doesn't work every week in the present day NRL. The good teams for a start have backs easing some load and creating a bit of momentum in the middle .. and team and not prepared to roll up the sleeves and play like that week to week.  Half of them look busted from the big efforts they had at the start of the season. 

Don't excuse him with the number of injuries the squad has .. Bennett put together this side last year and has more. He's shown it's not an excuse. Flanagan has reinvented the Dragons in an offseason with half the talent in his squad .. we need a coach who knows how to get it done in this competiton week to week and that isn't BA. 

Almost everything went BAs way in 2022 and he took us as far as he's ever going to. Hes now gone backwards to being a hot and cold inconsistent side and this is going to get worse not better . The systems have not evolved and are rapidly putting pressure on our squad to come up with huge efforts just to win enough games to make the 8. It is not working . Wayne's methods have stood the test of time . He recruits high quality assistants and knows what it takes to win . He knows how to win a completion. The choice is simple but I fully expect us to sit back and persist with BA until we're beyond rock bottom and inneed of a total rebuild . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep. It's time. Get it done. This season is over. 

• Agreed.

Time to cut the cord. Mark O'Neill and BA have to go, Barrett can be interim for the rest of the season whilst we bed down a new Head of Football and do everything we can to secure Bennett.

The trend is now clear, this isn't an aberration, we're going backwards. The Head of Football and the Head Coach need to go.

• Well if anything says that Bennett should be in the box seat for next year, it is this game. I thought the Raiders game was bad, but this one is just humiliating. 

Bennett managed to pull this one off from his sick bed with a spare parts team. 

• Yep agree, but we need to approach him now. What ever happens Brad Arthur needs to be told his job finishes this season. Go hard at Bennet, if we miss him then Josh Hannay.

• I honestly can't take BA as coach of the Eels anymore.

It is literally torture seeing him in pressers.

• There's no way he is coach beyond this year. I know that's probably not much solace but we WILL have a different coach in 2025, and as we're the only club looking for a coach we have a good chance at getting Bennett.

• Defence watch:

Since Round 19 of 2023, the last 15 Rounds of NRL, the Eels are now the second worst team defensively. 

Average points against:

Titans - 31.6

Eels - 30.6

Tigers - 29.6

Dogs - 29.2

Let's forget Darwin, or Moses, or lack of 'X Factor', none of which justify defense. 

If now isn't the time for change, it never will be.

• Spot on!

more like we need the abc -z factors we are such a sad mess

It's time!

• It's actually crazy how badly our defence has fallen off a cliff. For the years prior we started to really grow a defensive steel, but it's all shot to pieces now.

Defence wins comps, we have gone badly backwards in defence. We need a change now.

• Love when people ask who is our defensive coach and BA should sack them. Wish i could see the faces of those who ask when i answer that the defensive coach and BA are one in the same.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Just in time aye lol meanwhile the 1EE a fair majority still think this is a coaching issue.I sit here read alot of the commentary and laugh.The table is set from the top.The board has had multiple opportunities over the years to move on from BA…"
3 minutes ago
Big D replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Cancelled my membership last week and in the process of packing all my jerseys and other supporter wear to send to the club with a great big dog shit on top.
 "
37 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Buzz stuck it to the board in the Daily Telegraph NRL podcast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0opRz27SD2c
About the 22 minute mark they are discussing Parra and moves (or lack thereof) on Bennett"
56 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Not sure about that. Doubt Souths are going to wait 2mths for Bennet to choose between the 2 clubs. Souths have copped a bit of flak over how they have handled this coaching saga already. Think they will put a firm offer on the table, give Bennet…"
1 hour ago
More…