BA's Round 8 presser

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/04/25/coachs-media-round-8/

What a master, saying a long time since he's seen them play like that. It was a long time, try two weeks prior against Canberra. Saying it is one loss, try 2 out of 3 games putting up that performance and the Canberra game is the reason for him snapping since it is happening more. You do not snap like that uncharacteristically if it is a one off.

His Sanders explanation was not great either.

Oh well let's see how we go and how they respond.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Or Bennett has already been signed and Ba is doing his best to keep it together. 

• I think we all have a hate BA attitude rn so we are overeacting to everything he does. I thought his Sanders explanation was 100% correct. 

• EA to me i think it is better to have Sanders play his natural game. From sound of it BA expects Brown to still be the main Half. To that i say why name Sanders, a Halfback, if you are not going to use him to free Brown up? Like of course, you do not want Sanders getting all these instructions and obligations. If anything his job can be simple if you can make it, distribute the forwards around, kick well, defend well and free up Dylan so he can run. BA instead said Sanders kick well when has chance and defend well. I understand he's 19 and BA might think handing him the reins completely is too much, and it definately is. But can be main Half and not need to be Moses. He is there to help Dylan but Dylan it sounds like is still expected to me 1st receiver. Hope Sanders just grows and does it himself anyway.

Who knows, the plan might work and we beat Manly or get close to it. But just found it odd how he approached Sanders talk. I didn't hate the explanation of why he didn't pick him in first place but just how he expects him to play was just odd to me.

Overall, yes could say hate BA attitude, he said some ok things but some things were weird and odd and call it as i see it to me. If you saw it different than fair enough, as pressers can be matter of opinion with how cryptic coaches can be. But one thing i did not like was how he said it was one performance. No Brad, Canberra 2 weeks prior as well, do not brush Darwin off as a once in a blue moon.

It will be different for Brown as he had Talagi with training wheels on at 6 and having to organise the team. While with Sanders the tought is yes he is on training wheels too but at least organising the team he has done in lower grades, it is not a foreign concept. So though Brown will help he hasn't got the burdern of being the sole half for running the team. Just hope they have Sanders just play a natural Halfback role and not have him zone in and out and help out where he can. Just keep his job simple to open up Brown and Gutho that's it.

• I will judge BA decision and instruction to Sanders after the game. But yeah I understand where you are coming from. 

• If we win, I'll openly say how wrong I was and I'm not afraid to do that. Let's hope I am wrong EA.

• Seriously we don't need to be worrying what Sanders or DB do with the ball we don't.

If Sanders Lane and co can't  hold up on there side the argument what we do with the ball is moot right.

Its what we do without the ball that is the key to our resurgence nothing else.If they can some how conjure up a defensive effort like they did through the middle of the Manly game kept them scoreless for 50-60 minutes that's the key.

For me everything else is just outside noise.

• We've had an issue of Brown not playing how he should due to organising. Now we have a named a Halfback and still will be organising.

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you cannot defend and don't have the attitude, you are right Coryn.

• I think it was ok as well. I think in hindsight he should have played asi vs Canberra and kept Blaize at centre.

• "Oh well let's see how we go and how they respond."  was that really said ......yikes this could be Ugly tomorrow night

• The way Manly move the ball from touchline to touchline and the way our edges defend I'm almost fearful to watch.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Darren Munro replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"I wonder if he would leave if they put someone to oversee him on a day to day basis?  I would say yes."
8 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"When we signed Foran in 2015 I thought that was the making of us if hadn't have fallen off the horse I think we are in a totally different situation we are in now."
11 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Tad's discussion Scam watch Blog
"Gees, I was too ashamed to report it. They got me too!"
14 minutes ago
Poppa replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Have to disagree slightly with you on that post EA, I think Carty does compliment Moses as he is the only edge forward who actually follows the ball, a lot of half breaks made by Moses were off loaded to Carty who then has the ability to construct…"
16 minutes ago
More…