BA's Round 8 presser

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2024/04/25/coachs-media-round-8/

What a master, saying a long time since he's seen them play like that. It was a long time, try two weeks prior against Canberra. Saying it is one loss, try 2 out of 3 games putting up that performance and the Canberra game is the reason for him snapping since it is happening more. You do not snap like that uncharacteristically if it is a one off.

His Sanders explanation was not great either.

Oh well let's see how we go and how they respond.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Its only been 11 years Carlo, cmon, he only needs a little longer to get them playing more consistently.

• I accidentally deleted my comment 

but it was around him saying that form is temporary 

and I said not in the champion teams it's not 

I felt that was very telling from him - his mindset 

frank he sounds like he is ok with being inconsistent and at times erratic 🤷‍♀️

must feel very safe in his job 

• Tell me it isn't so. Surely, he cannot feel safe.

The "board" must have already exerted some overt pressure on him. Even a short, 'gee the results are shit' talk over a coffee.

• Didn't feel like it to me ....

I didn't get that vibe of there being a " coffee talk"or even " the greasy eyeball in the hallway " 🤔😆

and I didn't hear him mention doing it for the fans either 🙄

• Yes he's not worried even in the slightest....

• Frank, it is like "Well the players decide if they want to perform or not, if they get hammered not on me, i am still getting paid."

Like teachers where they are like i dont care if you learn anything i still get paid regardless when the class is mucking up. 

I believe BA is saving face, his teamlist alone and naming Sanders despite even letting him play to his strengths shows he is feeling it and hoping for the best. Taking risks but being conservative also. His uncharacteristic out burst and throwing players under the bus to deflect him away from blame shows he is feeling it.

• I mean i see what he means but not the mindset we should be applying. Form can be temporary in that not every game you are going to be at your best. However, good teams can still win playing average. Penrith last Saturday did that against Wests. 

Plus didn't ask them for a response. Well you going off on them basically is that isn't it? Throwing it all on the players, well it is part of your job BA to make sure they are ready for a game of football is it not? It seems he is sitting back saying "I am doing my job, you guys figure it out and stop making me look bad".

Even the comment of the players don't blame the staff and im proud of that, god this bloke at times does my head in. He is selling himself so much and it happens whenever his name is brought up in papers.

The Sanders comment that he is not expect to run the show and Dylan is expected to still run the team, well why is he there? What is the point of naming Sanders if he is not going to do a Halfback role? Yes it is a lot for a debutant but he is a Halfback, that is the job of a Halfback ain't it? Like saying debuting a Hooker at Lock and saying want him to defend but do not want him too much at dummy half, we want him to ease in and take a few plays at dummy half. At least let the kid play as he would in Cup for his debut so he is slighlty comfortable, instead he will be wondering when to and when not to get involved, when to take over or let Brown take over and times when Brown might take it he doesn't then needs to go in and adlib. It should have been you are playing Halfback, just feed the forwards, guide them around as best you can, Dylan will pop up when he sees something and kick well that is it.

Dylan Brown kicking well, he made sure he added there didn't he? Stubborn bastard. A win would be great but imagine his hubris afterwards? My god.

• Yep I agree re : sanders . He will probably be in two minds ....
            yeh referring to boys backing him and wtf yes " not blaming the staff " ....that irked me too

proud of them - mate you ain't their scout leader 

• I'm proud they don't blame the boss, well if they do they could get the Tim Mannah or Nathan Brown treatment. Get a talking to from Gutho and co.

• Well ... that's all we need. Open mutiny.

It'll rip the band-aid off. First step, get rid of all Hillsong dopes.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"I've given up on BA getting punted this year, he will definitely be here for the remainder of the season."
6 minutes ago
Muttman replied to LB's discussion Mike Mehall-Woods Article: Steve McNamara can save South Sydney, but if they appoint Bennett, Parra should swoop in.
"Bellamy is suggesting he could go around again. "
6 minutes ago
ByronBae replied to LB's discussion Mike Mehall-Woods Article: Steve McNamara can save South Sydney, but if they appoint Bennett, Parra should swoop in.
"Wouldn't Ryles be the prime candidate for the Storm job next year?
 "
8 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Again HKF whose the problem because the powers that be continually aren't listening.Theyve had multiple opportunities to do it but for some reason won't."
10 minutes ago
More…