BA please resign

After sitting through that deplorable effort .... our clubs 2nd such effort in the first 7 weeks of the season you referred to the group as a 'part time team' , a team that 'looks for the soft option ' and doesn't compete on plays within the 80 mins let alone week to week.

It is your job to mould this side . It is your job to instil strong attacking and defensive systems. We have a 6 widely regarded as the best defensive 6 in the game and a fullback who's effort to save try's put him up there with the best defensive 1s yet our defence is deplorable. It is your job to drive the standards and the culture. Your focus this offseason was to get the team more together .. it hasn't worked, the culture is deteriorating as is the discipline and  standards within the group . Guys like Gutho are busting a gut and being let down by individuals you have developed or chosen as first graders in your system .

If after 11 seasons in charge you are saying the mindset of these players isn't where it needs to be , they are not motivated to play for you , the fans , the jumper or themselves on a week to week basis and you can't get them to switch on it is time for you to go . There are young kids in this team learning their trade off you and the senior players who you admit are taking short cuts on your watch . Fans outlay money , time and effort to watch and get to the games for your side to run out uninspired , unprepared and unmotivated to play for 80 minutes . It's not good enough.  Yes this is a roster with a few injuries to key players but the Dolphins have a lesser squad with more injuries to key players and those injuries gave a guy outside their top 30 a chance to come up and embarrass you and your life less team . 

We all understand it's a hard comp to win in and there are weeks where it doesn't go your way , but to be in charge for 11 seasons and have a group you have been at the helm of for many years have effort as a negotiable it's time for you to go . You say you love the club and do what's best for the club.. the club who have been good to you and given you every opportunity and support over the best part of the  last decade ... then admit you're no getting close to the best out of these players anymore and walk . Youve admitted after all the work you put in to togetherness and what not in the offseason it hasn't  got them imspired to do it for each other .. . The players aren't playing for You or for each other.  You said on 360 the other night you have stability with this squad now with most of the players locked in next year as well .. the same players 2 nights later you say have a part time mindset... you are the problem Brad. 
 If this were a team or rookies or inexperienced kids fans would understand consistency is part of the process .. there are hardened NRL veterans in this side who have spent large parts of their career playing under you and they still can't show up for 80 mins . The message is stale , you might have more luck delivering it to a fresh group of players at another club but it's done here.  I have never in all my years seen a Bellamy team 'compete ' like we did tonight .. I have never seen a Bennett team completely turn it up .. I've seen in numerous times from your sides and it's starting to get more and more regular. 
When the fans are putting in more effort writing down their thoughts , driving to games and budgeting to take their family then your players are on the field .. it's time to go Brad. 

All the ex players that turned up in the NT last night and the fans who made the trip from Sydney.. the new fans you hoped to attract .. you embarrassed them all and the club. Being 'out enthused ', 'not wanting to compete 'and 'taking the soft option 'are all your catch phrases and all being said far too often by you in press conferences.  The worst part is , until it happens , I genuinely think you have no idea it's coming . You genuinely believe you have this team prepared and ready and your message is going to win the game. Then you sit there throwing down 400 Mount Franklin's looking puzzled as shit while the team runs around bewildered with no effort and making under 12s decisions with and without the ball.  It's time to go Brad , please recognise youve been here too long before we completely waste the best years of our experienced players and the development of our younger key younger guys is all based around negotiable effort and regular floggings. 

cheers. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Frank are you asking him after the loss or the lady boy. If you didn't know it was a lady boy and got a nasty surprise, after that loss it would of been one of the worst days in history I reckon 😂

• If there is concerns around the attack with Moses out then even more effort should be put on the defensive side. Total lack of effort and defensive structure the second half.

• He actually conceded all of this in the presser. He said that they talk about effort and changing soft attitude all of the time. Well the players aren't buying it, so read the room and resign. You have lost the dressing room and more importantly the supporters 

• In his post game presser, he said some players are not first grade calibre.

I hope he had a good look at himself in the mirror and ask the question - "Am I a first grade coach? "

BA's tactics of power forwards and "chasing the colission" are the main issues if you don't have speedy backs. The game had transformed tonhaving fast backs and playing wide. Nothing can beat speed as the Eels had been victim to it several times , the recent one was last night.  

Likewise, our spacing is horrendous. Just look at the Melbourne players space themselves and learn from it

• Club needs to come out with a public apology. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Pork Rind replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Prepare for Wayne Bennet's Souths to pump us again with cricket scores....back to the good times"
10 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"As opposed to the simple Simon thought process  that Arthur's the issue lol.How dumb are you.
Anyone with a 10 cent brain understands how pro sports franchises are run the key is always the people at the top and the plan that filters down.
It's…"
14 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Just in time aye lol meanwhile the 1EE a fair majority still think this is a coaching issue.I sit here read alot of the commentary and laugh.The table is set from the top.The board has had multiple opportunities over the years to move on from BA…"
26 minutes ago
Big D replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Cancelled my membership last week and in the process of packing all my jerseys and other supporter wear to send to the club with a great big dog shit on top.
 "
1 hour ago
More…