BA milestone

After beating the Tigers on Sunday, Arthur now sits at 99 wins as an NRL and Eels coach, a win against Canterbury will give Arthur his 100th career win. Despite constant back and forth of loving him and hating him, I Myself been guilty of flip flopping between two beliefs of his coaching, there is not denying this is a massive achievement, considering over 50% of NRL coaches barely get to coach 100 games then get 100 wins.After coming to 2019 season with a 46% record he has led the Eels over the last two and half years to boost his percentage to 53%, again no matter what anyone thinks of him, this is a massive achievement and if on Sunday it is achieved then he should be congratulated.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Would he? I'd trade all of his for a premiership.

• His three year rolling win rate is excellent this year, and has shown consistent improvement outside of the horror show of 2018:

3 Year Rolling Win %:

2012-15: 42.6%
    2014-16: 47.2%
    2015-17: 51.4%
    2016-18: 47.3%
    2017-19: 48.7%
    2018-20: 50%
    2019-21: 66.1%

• Yep and to win a premiership you need to show consistency.  To show consistency you need to have a team that knows what it needs to win. To have a team that knows what it needs to win you need to have a coach that drums this into them and eliminates the weakest links.

We are a much better side than we were just a few years ago, and that is heading in the right direction.

• This reply was deleted.
        • The only way was up wasn't it 🤷‍♀️

• We could have flatlined, and stayed on the bottom of the ladder for an extended period of time.

• Exactly, and we have seen that happen many times in Parra's past, or to get close and falter again in a few years.

• We could've gone sideways

• Yep, why even bother playing regular season games.

If a team can't win consistently during the regular season they're not going to threaten in the finals. We are only now becoming a team that wins consistently year after year. Assuming we make the finals this year it will be our third consecutive finals appearance. The last time we achieved that was '05-'07. Before that it was '97-'02 (six consecutive years).

• Correct.

We have unfinished business.

Its funny how the narrative changes before Arthur what were the Eels doing exactly 😂 he dealt with all the back round BS unlike what previous coach's cough Kearney cough Sticky cough Andersen.

• It's not that finals only matter, it's that finals are the ultimate test. So yes, we have failed the finals test up until now, however before you can be a great finals team, you have to be a great regular season team. We are now that. Can we take the final step under BA ?

We'll soon find out. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

The Badger replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"Fergo = ¡estúpido cabrón!"
4 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"I mean it's terrible isn't it while Melbourne and alike look for players all over the shop what are we doing lining up with everyone else looking in the same shopping window.
Then we get the sook brigade crying why other teams can get this player…"
33 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Muttman bought up Matt Cameron as an ex Parra guy brought through under Brian Smith as a key hire for me before they worry about FG they need to fix the layers underneath.
This in my eyes is the key hire and give him the tools to succeed.After the…"
40 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Mate just so we all get it can you please say " higher pay grade" and " fijian superstar " one more time. "
46 minutes ago
More…