Arthur extends contract until the end of 2022 season

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce that Brad Arthur has extended his contract which will see him remain Head Coach at the Club until the end of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

Parramatta Eels Chairman Sean McElduff said the Club had been in discussions with Brad and his management regarding an extension to ensure he remained the leader of our NRL program.

“Our Club remains focused on delivering to our Members and Fans sustainable success in our Football program and that means being proactive in planning ahead.

“It is our view that Brad is the best choice to lead our NRL team as Head Coach and we wanted to make sure that this key building block was secure as we execute our football strategy over the next couple of years.

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos said, “Brad and the playing group have built on the progress made in 2019 to deliver a strong start to the 2020 season but I know that they see this as only the platform from which to build on.

“Our retention and recruitment planning means that we have a strong squad that is locked in for an extended period and we believe Brad’s strong relationship with this playing group will be an important factor in achieving our goals as a Club.

Brad Arthur said he was very happy to have the support of everyone at the Club and is looking forward to working with the current playing group on the journey ahead.

“I’m really pleased that the Club has the confidence in me to continue to lead the team towards our goal of bringing success to our Members and fans.

“Our playing group has evolved quite considerably over the last couple of years and they are determined to drive high standards to ensure we achieve our goals.

“I am looking forward to the challenge of leading this group and continuing to develop our emerging junior talent in an exciting period for our Club and I know that the Blue and Gold Army will be behind us every step of the way.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/08/05/arthur-extends-contract-until-the-end-of-2022-season/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 100% spot on. 

• Perhaps the club could of waited till the end of the year, its not as if he was going to be poached or inundated with offers,  if the team fires and goes deep in the finals then give him a extension but what happens if the eels do nothing in the finals?   What happens if they get humiliated in the finals?  BA had a done a excellent job so far but he he still has a bit to  prove. 

• Just who are you and where did you put Frankie !!!!!!

• Frankie is in a pocket at the moment and will be with you shortly.

• Looks like the club want stability Fong, I think waiting for the end of the season would have been the right approach - Also with the Cowboys, warriors, broncos and dragons looking for a coach the club may have felt the need to act quickly. 

• Well there is no coach from that group that I would want to coach Parra Mick. The only one I think has the potential is Adam O'Brien and he seems a very similar style to BA.

I think outside of Bellamy and Bennett and then Robinson....I can't think of another coach to take us in the direction required.

Keep in mind we are on a  journey , that admin is looking top class, the playing group has to evolve out of  mental disorders and this might ultimately rest with a player....a Smith or a Cronk style that is yet to evolve out of whats left.

• I think we need a coach like Bellamy,Trent Robinson or Hasler to take this squad to the next level Poppa - in terms of recruitment I can't see any gaps apart from adding an experienced hooker to compliment Reed. I think any top line coach would be best be attracted to the job along with HQ stability. 

• I think Hasler has lost some gloss, & a bit tarnished this year. Has had some notable injuries but so have the eels last year and this. Table shows us in a better position ATM both on ladder and stats.

• I dont see it that way, Manly have been hit harder than us injury wise. I don't understand the reason for the why we've been been so flat since the roosters game, anyway we have a  great challenge v the storm should answer a few questions about BA and the team

• For me it's a good decision which will help give certainty to players already at the club as well as those who might be targeted to join the club for 2021 and 2022.

The "sack BA" brigade on here who can only be happy with a premiership will be sad until that day is delivered....but for me the improvement at the club is pretty hard to refute and BA is a large part of that improvement so why shouldn't he be rewarded with an extension?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MontoEel replied to Parrapete's discussion EELS MEMBERSHIP PACKS
"I think the administration or whoever is responsible for the contents of the membership packs need to start thinking outside the box and make the packages more creative and give people a bit more incentive and rewards for being loyal supporters. "
2 hours ago
Muttman replied to Parrapete's discussion EELS MEMBERSHIP PACKS
"The cap post/ pick-up situation is nonsense.  I have 6 memberships. 4 ticketed, (2 adults, 2 kids). And 2 non-ticketed (both kids).  The club sent all the merch in one big bag addressed to my young Nephew (not me who pays for all of it).  The bag…"
3 hours ago
Sir SuperEel 22 Hail King Arthur replied to Parrapete's discussion EELS MEMBERSHIP PACKS
"Yeh members who maintained their membership last year are receiving a free training shirt from Macron."
4 hours ago
Offside replied to Parrapete's discussion EELS MEMBERSHIP PACKS
"Obviously the tickets are my main interest
But the pack itself is just the worst I've seen"
6 hours ago
More…