A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG

While you all have feelings of rage and disappointment regarding the hapless eels and the fools who are involved with the club you should all take a step back and count your blessings . 

Today I met the partner and father of the woman and baby who got stabbed in Bondi junction , I have never seen the type of sadness and devastation in a man's eyes and facial expression like I saw today and I hope I never do .

This poor soul doesn't know if he should be devastated that his wife got murdered or happy that his child survived ,  I can't think of a worse position a human being can be in or even comprehend what is  going though his head . 

If this is not enough to step back and not stress yourselves I'll put it in another way 

Last night you all saw the captain of the eels smile like a fool after the game and you would of seen a number of other eels players smile also  , if the people who are involved and run the club don't care then do yourselves a favour do the same . 

One last thing , if you want a bit  more evidence that the people who run your club are of the lowest and dumbest standards take note of the following . 

Parramatta put in one  of the most disgraceful performances in the games history , they played a park footy team with no coach in attendance and they got smashed. 

You would think that after the  humiliation and the obvious distress of fans  that the club would of put out a statement showing their disgust and disappointment at the club being humiliated like it was  , but you get SFA from this lot . 

Count your blessings and don't stress . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I never uttered a word , we just half heartedly nodded to each other in acknowledgement . I would rather die the most painful death than go  through what he is going through . 

I'll be honest , if this happened to me I would of already had a nervous breakdown and be rendered useless , this guy has the strength and heart of 100 lions .

• Wise words, Fongie.

It's truly beyond unthinkable circumstances what this man is going through. 

Hope all is well with you and your family.

PS: On footy, last night showed once again we have deep-rooted cultural issues top-to-toe.

• HOE while BA deserves all the criticism in the world he isn't just the problem , this two bit board has been a huge problem since 2017 and have continued to a problem ever since. 

Culture and standards start from the top .

We have certain people who will never ever call for the board's head or say they should be removed , instead they are very careful in how they criticise the board and their is a very good reason for it , it's not my first rodeo with these types of people old buddy .  

• Following a sports team should be a hobby for fun. If it's not bringing you fun, step back and take a break. I love supporting the Eels, but in times like this I also often take a step back because I don't get joy from watching the Eels get belted.

At the end of the day, it's just a game.

Friends, family, spreading happiness, love and joy, supporting those in need. All of these things are infinitely more important than a game of footy.

Good reminder Fong. 

• Nice post Fongy and very apt.

Wasting your emotions on this rabble is a true waste of energy.

The club, players, coaches, administration et al have done absolutely fuck all to deserve respect and/or emotional engagement from any fan. The performances are inept and lacking. The team is full of over paid dopes with pea hearts and no mental fortitude. Past greats of our once great club must shake their heads in disbelief.

These hoaxes actually chucked the towel in last night . . . what a disgrace. Pay them no mind - they deserve nothing.

I didn't renew my season ticket this year - after 23 consecutive seasons. The writing was on the wall.

Fellow fans - save your support for next Thursday - ANZAC Day - a day where we can honour and show our respect for real heroes, real legends, real alphas, real men.

Don't waste your energy on a footy team full of soft pretenders that wouldn't know adversity if it slapped them in the face.

God bless the fellow and baby who lost their wife and mum. 

• Well said Kramer, I also didn't renew my season ticket this year. I had this overwhelming feeling that this rabble under BA was going to keep sliding down. I just couldn't stomach sitting through a season when the team is massively underperforming. I'm no fair weather fan, I could cop watching a low level team giving their best every week even if they didn't win a game but watching a top 4 quality team put in abysmal performance time and again would just make me angry. 

• Fair enough HKF. I hate wasting my money too but my seats are too good i would never get close to those seats ever again so that is why i keep them.

• These days for me, footy and the Eels is just a 80min escape from life even though it's punishment atm....you just never know what lies around the corner in terms of life and death. Sad!!

• 100% Fongy, our 'hand picked' board is a joke and has been for a while.

And our CEO is no better than the Tigers CEO who was booted a few months back, an absolute fraud.

• That poor man and his family.  I can't imagine the pain. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Shut up Gus replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"It should work both ways. If a player has a BA Clausen inserted.... If the club punts BA.... The club should have the option of punting the player too. That would stop them asking for it in their negotiations. Last thing they want is to jeapordise…"
3 minutes ago
Hugh and Oates replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"conjecture"
8 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Lol that's gold 🤣 😂 👌 😆 😄 "
20 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Steve Ella "
24 minutes ago
More…