What has happened to Tepai?

He was supposed to be the next big thing but he hasnt improved in 4 years and in fact he has significantly regressed as a playerWhat is going on??? He only seems to lead the stat line in terms of HIAs only

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Called him a dud a while back
  • He and Manu should b first dropped
  • He was also a kangaroos jnr... now he wears spectacles
    • Was also Australian school boy RU player
  • He was the next best fling maybe
  • Tepai v Chricton

Junior stars. One has kicked on, the other has stagnated.

We just can't seem to retain the blokes who can play first grade vs the guys who have the potential to play first grade. 

Consistently so for the past 20+ years...

• BA happened to Tepai. If he were at a club like the Roosters he would be killing it. At Parra under BA he is a robot with a faulty circuit board.

• Imagine if Tep, Manu , Edwards , terepo and and few others had a a coach like Bellamy or Smith ? Coaches who know how to bring up youngsters and be able to help and improve them ? They would be different players but they had a bush coach guiding them . 

• Smith? 

• Thats a fair point. when tepai came about he was all about scoring tries and making tackle busts. It seems BA wanted him to be another tackle machine... coaching all the instinct out of his game
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Poppa's discussion Two points we won't get back!...... Arse Kicking time and no one should miss out!
"It's the old "next man-up" mentality. Gutho's reaction hints at a similar discussion we had last year where our captain pointed out of need for more x-factor and speed in the backline. Blind Freddy sees it. Which makes me wonder why Arthur is so…"
1 minute ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"There consistent mate just bad at it but they are consistent.
For a team that's light at the mentioned position it does us zero favours but oh well we just got to hope at some point the tide turns in our direction."
6 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"Just how many times does Luai skate by the NRL ?? 
If an Eels player or a player from the Tigers etc he would have received 2 weeks. 
The lack of consistency is the biggest problem we have in our game. "
9 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion NRL Annesley weekly briefing Round 2
"The worst thing about the Simonsson decision or lack there of is we lose an outside back for 2 games.I'm telling you if I'm a coach and hang an arm out or deliberately foot trip a player and the Luai penalty is the line in the sand I'm saying hey if…"
23 minutes ago
More…