Our Small Pack 2015

I was looking at the new profiles on the Parra website and was very surprised how short and small 'most' of our forward pack are.  A number of people stated earlier in the year that Kelepi was moved on because he was too small, but the figures below suggest otherwise. 

Richard Fa'aoso - 170cm, 105kg (I'm guessing that should have been 180cm)

Anthony Watmough - 183cm, 97kg

Kenny Edwards - 184cm, 101kg

Manu Ma'u - 184cm, 103kg

Tim Mannah - 184cm, 109kg

Shannon McPherson - 185cm, 100kg

Cody Nelson - 186cm, 97kg

Peni Terepo - 186cm, 103kg

When you consider our starting forward pack would most likely include Mannah, Edwards, Ma'u and Watmough we would have to have the smallest and lightest starting pack in the NRL (particularly our secondrow).  I'm not sure if this starting forward pack are going to instil fear in the opposition?   Time will tell.    

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Umm junior paulo pauli pauli Danny wicks just convenienty forget them aye ... Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • From other blogs it appears Pauli is on the outer and may not even have a top 25 contract.  Wicks will be behind Gower and Lussick and will start in the NSW Cup.  The current photo's of Gower is a concern as he looks like he has lost 7-8kg and looks smaller than Matterson.  Yes, Junior is big but one big guy from nine in the top 17 is a concern.   

• This is what we call 'trolling'. Saying something to purposely get attention....spose we all do it at times 

• I wouldn't believe the physical stats on the profiles. They never update them.

• Weights may be out but guys height would be right.  Players are not going to say they are shorter then what they are.  Mannah, Watmough, Mau and Edwards are all short!!!! 

• I agree forwards will not be our problem
  • Where are the rest of the stats Big Dave? Pauli, Jnr, Lussick, Tepai, aren't they all over 110Kg ?
    • Yeah Pauli's around 120kg despite his profile saying he's 105kg, Junior Paulo would be around 115kg. All of those guys are in contention for first grade as well, Cody Nelson probably won't make first grade and it hasn't even been confirmed whether or not Shannon McPherson has even got a proper contract with us.

Plus Peats is only 90kg how will he be able to defend in the middle?

• There is only 17 in the team.  Tepai is around 100kg and is light weight for NRL standards. 

• Another team list?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Funny how a lot of BA fan boys on here are now jumping of the bus but blaming everybody else. A lot on here have known and been saying for years that the coach was not the only one responsible for this situation. "
7 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I agree higher ups need rearranging. But tell me Coryn, would we have a better chance winning a comp with BA or Bennett?
Coaching is not the no.1 issue, but is a big issue."
8 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"All lives matter ALM even those that live and play in Darwin!"
25 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Chief, you have been warned off their site, are you being dishonest or disingenous?"
31 minutes ago
More…