JERSEY DAY 2018

I am a bit late with my usual annual Jersey Day blog but here it is.

Jersey Day (Organ Donor Awareness Campaign) has been going for several years now and growing stronger.

Friday August 31 2018 wear your favourite sports jersey to work, play or if permitted to school.

Have you considered what legacy you can leave behind?

Have you considered someone else may give you the gift of an extended and better life?

Those of you who have been on 1EE for a couple of years know my friendship with Drop Bear and how it was HIM who first started Organ Donoir Awareness both in 1EE and the Kennel.

I don't need to say much more about him now - but it was through the collaborative effort of members from both sites we tried to get the NRL to hold a dedicated Donor Awareness round - but unfortunately the game that has the Community at Heart are simply not interested in promoting such things.

One person told me it was because they want a slice of any donations - now I don't know if this is true but I can tell you their complete disinterest suggests "where there is smoke there is fire" IN MY OPINION.

OK - enough of the morbid crap - Jersey Day is NOT about morbid it is about CELEBRATING LIFE!

GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT PEOPLE - WHAT LEGACY WILL YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

WILL YOU LEAVE A LEGACY LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD (NATHAN GREMMO) WHO'S ORGANS AND TISSUES WERE DONATED TO 6 (I THINK THAT WAS THE NUMBER) RECIPIENTS OF LIFE.

There is another great bloke over i the Kennel who did receive a Heart transplant some time ago - but here's the catch - his "shitty old heart" that could not keep him alive was sliced, diced and dissected and again these parts were transplanted into another 6 people - 3 young kids included if I am not mistaken.

Simply click the link  - https://www.jerseyday.com.au/jersey-day-gallery/

Register as an organ donor: https://donatelife.gov.au/register-donor-today

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I registered as an organ donor during the inaugural Jersey Day. Please do guys, you can give someone else a second crack at life through your generosity. And make sure your family is aware of these wishes.

Young Nathan played in the Parramatta district, for the Hills Bulls, and he helped five young adults and a baby get a second chance.

• Well said Mushy
  • Great post Col - you're a good man.

I'm a donor (or at least I will be - in due course).

And I'll be wearing my favorite "Cleveland Steamers" jersey on Friday :)

• Just keep it on hold Kram - somethings you really don't want to rush into mate.

• Great stuff Col, im a donor although im not sure anything i have would be of use to anybody lol.

Great work with everything youve done here, Peter would be proud of you mate.

• You sound like me Snake - it was a fantastic youth but we pay for it now. lol

• I’m kind of glad that jersey day falls on a public holiday on the Gold Coast this year. Show Day yay!

• Forever young Nathan Gremmo was a Parra Junior who passed away in 2015.  His family donated his organs and now a number of peoples lives have either been saved or made far better.  It's very easy to sign up as an organ donor with the link Magic posted.  Just do it guys.  Brings a tear to my eye every year.  

• Good work col, yes the NRL should be doing something about this. But you are a inspiration to a lot of people and brought to of the most hated fans together to unit as one so should be very proud.
    • Wasn't me Cranky - Peter was the one who brought the fans together - I just continued giving them heaps after Peter (Drop Bear) passed away.

Contrary to popular opinion, there are some really great people over in the Kennel

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
""Mal had Slater signed up and delivered to their door" WTF are you talking about!!  "
32 seconds ago
Michael Ericson replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"He showed way more ability in that first half than Jake Arthur displayed in 20 games with us. "
6 minutes ago
Hugo replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"I shudder to think what Walsh and Cobbo will do to us. Might be a cricket score."
9 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I thought Sanders was outstanding. 
Funny when they asked BA in the presser he said ..yeah he went ok. Did a few things wrong in D But was good. 
Personally I think he was much much better than Talagi and BA waxed lyrically about Talagi. 
A couple…"
12 minutes ago
More…