Hayne to Rugby Union in 2019?

Timestamp Wed 13 Jun 2018, 02:10 PM

Fiji lure again tempts Hayne

The whispers about Jarryd Hayne leaving the NRL at the end of the year to try and crack it in Fiji's rugby union team for the World Cup are getting louder by the day.

Hayne has been dogged by injury to start the year and hasn't been able to justify his worth just yet.

He scored a double in his return from injury for Parramatta in Darwin last week but it will take something miraculous (almost 2009-like) or a significant pay cut to keep Hayne in the blue and gold next year.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah he can go bring in Greg lelesuiao keep George Jennings n sign Robert Jennings n French on wing with one of Jennings brothers
  • You mean he’s not interested in repaying his much cherished Eels for signing him to sit half the season on the sidelines ? Surely this can’t be true . Jarryd Hayne is a man of honour and would certainly not be looking to tick another dream off his list by leaving the club again to pursue a World Cup spot . He came back because he loved us so much he couldn’t even face our fans and their tears last year . 

• you are one sassy dude

• My hubby tells me that all the time . What’s it mean ? 

• Robert is 11cms taller then Michael n George n even Bevan French
  • He can go, he wasnt gonna be re-signed amyway
  • He needs a plan B

but he seems a team player now

if he can regain some form and stay injury free would be great to keep him at a price that lets us win a premiership with him on board

• Why wouldn't he be looking at Rugby or any other opportunity out there?, you would have to think at this stage the eels would be unlikely to resign him. He will have to put in some pretty solid performances for the rest of the season to be considered by the eels.

• Eels have publicly stated they will give him every opportunity to secure a new contract . This was deep into his injury and him sitting on the sideline . I think the club have more than done their fair share for the guy . 

• i like jarryd and i hope he stays. but if like semi he gets a better offer to play rugby. then how could anyone begrudge him for changing codes . i dought jarryd would ever play against the eels again .

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"I mean it's terrible isn't it while Melbourne and alike look for players all over the shop what are we doing lining up with everyone else looking in the same shopping window.
Then we get the sook brigade crying why other teams can get this player…"
15 seconds ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Muttman bought up Matt Cameron as an ex Parra guy brought through under Brian Smith as a key hire for me before they worry about FG they need to fix the layers underneath.
This in my eyes is the key hire and give him the tools to succeed.After the…"
7 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Mate just so we all get it can you please say " higher pay grade" and " fijian superstar " one more time. "
12 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Manly are very beatable. Their defence out wide is highly suspect. However, the eels look very tired, and I can't see them taking advantage. "
26 minutes ago
More…