After Cameron King copped yet another injury in the Eels floppy start to 2018, the head-honchos at Parramatta are apparently looking into Robbie Farah as a potential solution to the hooker problem.

Farah's unwanted at South Sydney, and they would be willing to pay 50% of his contract. With Parramatta having some space in the cap, it's just a matter of agreeing on the finer points.

Expect this to be announced before the Eels take on the Tigers in Round 4.

Thoughts - do you think Farah will make us better?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thought he was going to Canberra
    • From what I've heard, he'd prefer Parramatta due to the chance to be a long term starter, rather than a backup.

• Yes
  • Won’t happen.

BA is happy to have kaysa and king for 2017.

theres a reason we haven’t signed another hooker and that’s  Reed Mahoney. 

Rejected peats, rein and whoever else, have faith wait till this kid gets his chance. 

• At 20 years old Mahoney might be another year or two away from NRL. I suppose the club needs to decide whether our current hookers can do the job and if not, then an experienced hooker at the end of his career on a 1-2 year deal might be the way to go. That would take Robbie to 36 though. I reckon this year is his last, so not sure if he would be the right player.

• Farrah may be behind his best years but he may also be the best person to teach mahoney and get him to nrl level quicker. Kaysa and king arnt nrl standard hookers neither would make the bench on any consistent top 8 team

• Can we fucking not
    • You seriously think king and shity Pritchard are better then farah lol they are concussed every 2nd week and can't tackle.
    • Okay but how much would we pay him? If Souths pay 90% of his salary then cool. Not the 500k we have left over.
  • Ebay coach
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Longfin Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I also think we are in need of wingers rather than centres. It's likely Lomax would find himself on the wing at some stage in Parra anyway."
3 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Johnny Suede's discussion ‘How disappointing is that’': Tigers greats Benny Elias and Steve Roach ‘invited by Parra’ amid bizarre series of snubs
"Yep"
12 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"All this talk and he'll probably sign with the dogs, I believe they promised him fullback. "
15 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We aren't as desperate for lomax as the media are making out. I posted on here at the end of last year that I was told we probably wouldn't be going into the market for outside backs because we were going to be blooding  players from the SG ball…"
29 minutes ago
More…