1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

Bulldogs inform Josh Reynolds he is no longer required - Eels reportedly interested

The Canterbury Bulldogs have reportedly told Josh Reynolds that he is not a required player for the 2018 season.
Reynolds, 28, signed a four year contract extension with the Bulldogs midway through the 2013 season, keeping him at the club to the end of the 2017 season.

It is understood that the Bulldogs want to reignite the halves position in 2018 and don’t see Josh Reynolds as the answer anymore and have informed he is free to negotiate with other clubs
It is understood Reynolds has priced himself at $800,000 per season for the 2018 season, a figure the Bulldogs believe is too high and have decided to move on from him.
The Canterbury Bulldogs local junior made his NRL debut with the Bulldogs in 2011 and has gone to make 121 appearances for the club and has played represented NSW in State of Origin on four occasions.

Reynolds hoped to stay at the Club for 2018 but this looks like it will no longer happen.
“I’d hate to leave the Dogs,” he says.
“It’s where I grew up, I love it there. It’s what I’m about, I feel I fit the culture really well.
“I love everyone there.
“I’d hate to leave, but it’s for them to decide.”
It is understood the St George Illawarra and Parramatta Eels have shown strong interest in Reynolds already for the 2018 season.

Views: 5700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well that's been decided, Bup is one of the smartest people on this site (along with me and God) and if he reckons it will work, it will work.

I have spoken to the financial manager of the Nursing home and Mushy has authorised us to go to $675k for 3 years with performance clauses based on KPI's. We would expect that the club would come forward with $670k of this, which makes him a very cheap well priced buy...don't forget we get two positions for one with this little doggy.

Mushy is even prepared to give up drinking for a month which is 20 bottles of wine per week x 4 = 80 @$4 per bottle, throw another few hundred into the pile.

We have to keep Mushy busy through this period so we thought he could go to rehab with Benj and Coach, They will work on proving that they have a brain while Mushy focuses on his liver.

I guarantee Mushy will be fit to drink in a month but the jury could be out for a long time on the other two!

sounds about right $225k a yr over 3 yrs = $675k but he has to pay his own tripping fines.

PA not BA......don't worry we will teach him to trip the light fantastic and if he doesn't he has to fess up the next day to Mau'a and Matagi who will explain to him that tripping is not allowed with the eels......unless it is in one of Matagi's stage shows!.......

OI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can help him with the tripping for FREE !

There's another saving for us.

I'm no fan of Reynolds, he seems to go missing for a few games then has a few good games? Very much a confidence player, but him and Norman together could possibly work out?
Surely his asking price or even anything similar to it, is enough to discontinue our interest if indeed we have shown any at all?
Please for the love of god know.

He isn't any good I'd stick with Gutho before going with Reynolds He'll to the no.

$800k?? Gee i'd play for $750k but I am over 50!!! Tell him he is dreamin!

I think the fact that his current Club is letting him go at his asking price, says it all.

I think you are looking at it wrongly EE.

His manager has told him to ask for 800 thinking its a starting point. The club says you better start looking somewhere else.

After this process runs its course, they will get back to what is the real price. My guess is his value is around the 500/550 mark but it being a buyer's market for halves and the fact he can be a fine hooker as well, plus field kick means he will probably get around 650k on the open market!

Walpy makes the comment above you that he would play for 750k , the real question is "who would pay it".

There is no doubt we would pay those numbers and BA by saying he's interested (not in as many words) has confirmed he would pay reasonable numbers. i.e. 550/675.

Why would we want Reynolds though what does he offer?

He isn't a playmaker.I want 0 part of him in a decision making role so why would be interested.

I've seen enough of this guy.

If any position he's a hooker but even then I wouldn't pay anywhere near the dollars suggested for this guy.

Someone else  must like him......I know I do and I think he is just what we need!

RSS

© 2017   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service