Parramatta Eels have today announced the appointment of Trent Barrett to join the Club as an NRL Assistant Coach for two years from the 2023 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

Barrett has a decorated career as a player with 235 NRL games for Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, and an additional 60 games for Wigan in the UK. He has represented NSW and won 15 caps for Australia.

Barrett has extensive coaching experience with Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and as an assistant coach with Penrith Panthers.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• just pointing out facts frank, everyone was saying it was a management decision, just pointing out that they were wrong, as usual.

can't see where i have supported the appointment or rallied against....but just keep making up shit

• Mate of course you support it, it keeps your messiah as head coach for longer.

I've never seen a club so adept at self harm like Parramatta - we are deadset the stupidest club in the history of the NRL, and yes that includes the Tigers.

• not my messiah at all frank, religion is not my go.

i will judge the season on its entirey, not at a particular point in time when things go south, when the season is done and dusted is the time to know whether it was a success or not....but whatever

• Thats the problem though, Rock... Surely thats exactly what the club shouldve been doing also.

Instead of reserving judgement on whether BA has reached his KPI's as coach in reviewing the season in entirety, they've decided before finals (while running 7th with a horrific defensive record) that BA has achieved enough to warrant finishing his contract.

This reeks of weakness at board levels. What was the rush of ultimately locking BA in for another season?

• Da Rock & BrissyEel are like clockwork

• What capacity did Barrett work with in the Panthers? Was he mainly attacking structures or defensive? The only way this works is if they also get another fresh voice and looks after the opposite to Barrett. 

• I know he worked with Cleary a lot, ppl around the panthers say he had alot to do with his development 

• Junior Cleary or Senior Cleary?

•  Barrett was attack coach at Panthers.

• From my understanding Barrett was attack and Ciraldo defence. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
3 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Can anyone actually see this happening. Lomax at the Eels? "
9 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Hardly the point that I was making!"
25 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Yes Bup makes a compeling case...."
36 minutes ago
More…