Parramatta Eels have today announced the appointment of Trent Barrett to join the Club as an NRL Assistant Coach for two years from the 2023 season.

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur said, “Trent has a wealth of football experience which he has harnessed over almost three decades as an elite player and coach, I’m sure he will contribute significantly to help enhance our football program.”

Barrett has a decorated career as a player with 235 NRL games for Illawarra Steelers, St George Illawarra Dragons and Cronulla Sharks, and an additional 60 games for Wigan in the UK. He has represented NSW and won 15 caps for Australia.

Barrett has extensive coaching experience with Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and as an assistant coach with Penrith Panthers.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Huh?

• Brissy doesn't understand the word 'Huh' but his alter ego Da Rock just might

• Huh

• He's not only when he changes his personality to BrissyEel he's slightly better and more knowledgeable 

• Yep not another year of but another 2 possibly more

• Exactly it's a Con Cover up by the chief con artist Brad Arthur 

• I can't believe this statement:

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brad identified Trent Barrett as someone who could add great value to our football program. We all agreed that to be the case based on Trent’s credentials and experience. I know he will be a wonderful fit for our club as we seek to continuously improve each and every year. I look forward to welcoming Trent and his family to our club”.

Seriously, Brad Arthur identified🤣🤣 Mate Brad Arthur can't even identify his weekly selection of players or how to use his bench players.

These blokes are all Con Artists in each other's pockets all after the 💰🤑. Brad Arthur has selected Barrett as he can control him and is not threatened by him and increase his chances of staying on until end of 2024. It's one huge CON JOB

• 😂😂😂

Continuous improvement each and every year.

🤣🤣🤣

• This reply was deleted.
        • Well they can seek it but truth is we haven't improved consistently since 2017.

That year we finished on 36 points - 3rd on the ladder, the highest we have finished under BA.

Its all been down hill since and still somehow the bald door still controls the coaching reins......we make all the changes you want except the most important and obvious one.

• Frank, that is true, but don't forget that was the last year the eels had Semi.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
5 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
15 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Avon Barksdale's discussion NRL admits bunker got it wrong on roosters obstruction call
"I said in a previous post that common sense has gone out the window with refereeing  today. There  all basically clones to a system. In other words they are as dumb as dog shit. "
19 minutes ago
Pork Rind replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I think Lomax hanging around with Corey Norman too much  while he was there. We don't need anymore of these players in our team"
38 minutes ago
More…