This team is like the 2001 team

I know I'm early in this but strangely this team has me thinking about the 2001 team, the one that scored well over 900 points (a record that still stands to this day) and how young those guys were-Hindy, Burt, Lyons, etc etc etc. I'm in awe about this team-the forwards  are both tough and fearful now in the NRL. Even the Bullfrogs said last night how bloody good the Eels who turned up to play. Even Pommy Graham was in awe. I like the structure of the team, especially Foran/Norman combo and now the Jennings/Semi combo and how Scott toughen the young forwards up. Can't wait until Watmough comes in and having the two old warriors mentoring Man'u, tepo, and Hindy Jnr but pity Paulo's leaving (he'll be back). What was it Gus said last night? 'The Parramatta fans should be proud because they've a team that's competive' . This team, though not as young as the 01 team but I find that this team is slightly better than the 01 but time will tell. I have not been so proud of Parra for a while but the last three matches showed me that we are a team on the rise. I won't be around for three months so I'll be missing three months worth of games (uless I can find a sports bar somewhere in Canada or Aalaska that shows NRL but doubt it) I know deep inside we're a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, go and stick it up 'em, Parra!

Monster Eel #38

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know about that? I remember the last 10 games before the GF that year and Parra had many of those games won at halftime. Right from the start of the game they were fast and knocked over teams early. Their skills and ability to throw the ball around and back up was incredible. It's to soon yet to consider 2016 like 2001, but I like what I have seen so far.
  • Nah more like 2005
  • Livestream.com/nrl is your friend in Canada
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Nrl confirms Turbo offside and Penisini binning wrong.
"Pretty sad when a game is decided in that fashion and the nrl just sits back and watches it happen. If Garrick is lining up the conversion just tell the ref it's wrong and reverse the call. "
1 minute ago
Jason replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Nrl confirms Turbo offside and Penisini binning wrong.
"Until we become a strong club on and off the field we will continue to be on the wrong side of 50/50 calls as well as blatant ones.
Officials have no fear of the EELS reaction to bad calls.
We are a joke to them"
5 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Fiddy's discussion Raiders no halfback getting pumped
"Your mate O'Neill is the man you should be writing a letter too , Ploppa.   You've been swinging your pexker around for years mentioning how O'Neill has a busiess degree and who are we to question his ability , now you're jumping off his wagon and…"
11 minutes ago
Eli Stephens posted a discussion
NRL came out and said Turbo was offside but the bunker could not intervene unless the eels challenged it. Basically we got robbed but nrl can't do anything about it. 🤣
23 minutes ago
More…