This team is like the 2001 team

I know I'm early in this but strangely this team has me thinking about the 2001 team, the one that scored well over 900 points (a record that still stands to this day) and how young those guys were-Hindy, Burt, Lyons, etc etc etc. I'm in awe about this team-the forwards  are both tough and fearful now in the NRL. Even the Bullfrogs said last night how bloody good the Eels who turned up to play. Even Pommy Graham was in awe. I like the structure of the team, especially Foran/Norman combo and now the Jennings/Semi combo and how Scott toughen the young forwards up. Can't wait until Watmough comes in and having the two old warriors mentoring Man'u, tepo, and Hindy Jnr but pity Paulo's leaving (he'll be back). What was it Gus said last night? 'The Parramatta fans should be proud because they've a team that's competive' . This team, though not as young as the 01 team but I find that this team is slightly better than the 01 but time will tell. I have not been so proud of Parra for a while but the last three matches showed me that we are a team on the rise. I won't be around for three months so I'll be missing three months worth of games (uless I can find a sports bar somewhere in Canada or Aalaska that shows NRL but doubt it) I know deep inside we're a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, go and stick it up 'em, Parra!

Monster Eel #38

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know about that? I remember the last 10 games before the GF that year and Parra had many of those games won at halftime. Right from the start of the game they were fast and knocked over teams early. Their skills and ability to throw the ball around and back up was incredible. It's to soon yet to consider 2016 like 2001, but I like what I have seen so far.
  • Nah more like 2005
  • Livestream.com/nrl is your friend in Canada
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Tanker's discussion Fong and chief are my heros
"Cheers Tanker, great to have you on the team.  Appreciate the support mate.!!"
2 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘 replied to Tanker's discussion Fong and chief are my heros
"Lol trust me, I like this guy"
3 minutes ago
LB replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Raiders sign sticky till 2029 🤣🤣
"Well Tank, Magic Round 2019, we played Melbourne. 64-10, Papenhuyzen's coming out game. BA extended the following Monday until 2022. Now, granted, BA would have signed the deal a few weeks prior to the game and it was just announced then but it is…"
3 minutes ago
Zip zip replied to Cʜɪᴇғ - 😘's discussion Fifita back flipped on the Roosters 🐓 lol
"Damn lucky Lomax didn't to the same thing to the Eels. "
4 minutes ago
More…