Ryan Matterson

Parramatta Eels forward Ryan Matterson has been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee with a Grade One Dangerous Contact – Head/Neck following the Eels Round 20 victory over the Wests Tigers at Bankwest Stadium last night.

Matterson was charged with a Grade One Dangerous Contact – Head/Neck following a tackle on Wests Tigers Asu Kepaoa in the 65th minute of the clash.

The charge carries a 100 point penalty, meaning Matterson will be available for selection in Week One of the 2020 Finals series if he enters an early guilty plea.

Wests Tigers fullback Adam Doueihi was charged for a Grade One Shoulder charge on Eels winger Maika Sivo for a tackle in the eighth minute of the clash. The charge carries a two week suspension but can be downgraded to one week with an early guilty plea.

Placed on report during the clash for a tackle on Benji Marshall, Eels Will Smith was not charged by the Match Review Committee.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Noticed Cooper Cronk came in hard with his assessment of the tackle saying it was very bad. Maybe he has vested interests 

• Yeah noticed that too. Was surprised in Cronk's comment.

It's great news because Mattersons was nothing like a text book crusher - it seemed like a total accident done because he was coming at pace. Maybe I'm biased but  generally text book crushers seem to be done in reasonably  stationary positions where there's time to consider.

Wills was totally innocuous and due to Benji doubled over due to his ribs and knee. Glad sanity prevailed on that one.

• Not really Cronk always has a dig at the Eels , I'm guessing he's a bit salty with some vitriol our supporters would have given him post 2009 salary cap fallout.

• Great news, not sure why parralurker isn't posting this. But I'll go with this great 2nd news

• Now we have two key forwards with 75 points. Not sure if top four was worth it. Could have contested and lost Paulos and had him miss the Tigers match (but be on zero for the finals) and played a second string side. Still might have won because the reserves would have been highly motivated

• Without Paulo I think we would have lost against the Tigers. 

• Yep. Junior was absolutely on fire. If he plays like that in the finals then we're definitely a chance. I reckon he's key.

• Absolutely it was worth it. The reason finishing in the top 4 is so important is because it’s almost impossible to win 4 weeks in a row come finals time. 

I don’t know the stats, but I’d reckon that the premier every year has week 2 off. 

• He did nothing wrong; should never have been charged. It was an accident that occurs in contact sport.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…