RUSSELL EXTENDED 2025

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce the re-signing of Eels junior Sean Russell until the end of the 2025 NRL season.

Head of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Sean has come through the Club’s junior pathways system and earned his spot in the NRL well and truly.

“The Eels are committed to developing players and we look forward to seeing many more juniors work their way through to the NRL.

11038385873?profile=RESIZE_710x

We’re incredibly proud of Sean, not just for his hard work and dedication, but also hiswonderful character off the field,” O’Neill said.

Russell has shown great resilience since debuting in the NRL in 2021, after suffering fractured ribs and a punctured lung last year, as well as a shoulder injury before returning to top grade this season.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good

• He's a really nice young bloke. I was wrapped for him when he scored on the weekend. This is great news. Congratulations Sean. 

• Good stuff great to see local juniors getting into grade and showing potential 

• Good news. Has heaps of potential 

• I wonder if the club views him as a centre, winger or fullback going forward. Hopefully he makes that centre spot opposite penisini his own and solves a problem area.

• Right now I think left centre is his spot, but long term I think his spot is fullback 

• I think the club sees Blaze Talalgi or Richard Peinisini as their future centre. I think Russel future will be on the wing and a depth player for Gutho.

• Blaze is very exciting 

• Good young talent and it is now up to him on how far he can take this opportunity. I think he has the skills to make a regular first grader at the very least.

• I like it, he adds utility value and think he can nail down a centre position and at 188cm is a pretty big body that suits the centre position defensively.   He has some pace also. And a local junior to boot.  The more jnrs the better as it creates a good culture 👏 👌 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
Parramatta have a fight on their hands to keep rising star Blaize Talagi with the teenager opting to take himself to the open market.DETAILS ▶️ bit.ly/4boiRgj
5 seconds ago
Bup replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"He was the only choice.
BA has lost his head.
 "
2 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Agree with Simo at fullback. He played a few games in the one for Raiders."
5 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Once again BA choosing wants he WANTS to work - mb sometime later in time .....
sometimes I really think he is neurodivergent the way he goes about things 🤔and I say this as a mum of autistic boy and someone who teaches neurodivergent chn daily 
his…"
6 minutes ago
More…