Round 8 Team List v Cowboys

1. Gutherson

2. Sivo

3. M Jennings

4. Blake

5. Ferguson

6. D Brown

7. Field

8. Campbell-Gillard

9. Mahoney

10. Paulo

11. Lane

12. Matterson

13. Niukore

 

Interchange:

 

14. Stone

15. Gower

16. Kaufusi 

17. Takairangi

 

Reserves:

 

18. Utoikamanu 

19. Alvaro

20. G Jennings

21. Smith

 

IN: Field

OUT: Moses

 

Referee: Ben Cummins

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

        • People are strange Mack. 

  • Maybe Field will start game to tap into our fast starts and second phase opportunities.  Then possibly slotting into dummy half at say 30 minutes to give Reedy a spell and allow taka to throw another skilful big body at the line. Certainly will be dangerous just with the increased pace around the middle. 

  • If Alvaro is not injured, he must have pissed BA off massively with his first effort in the top grade this season!

  • Gowie the reliable in.

    Field I have no idea what he's about but judging from the responses here, who am I to judge.

    Should be interesting.

  • I'm not sure Field will start. He'll be most effective at the backend of both halves .I reckon BA will start Taka and depending how the possession in the first half pans out Field would enter the fray on the back of momentum in our favour and not before.

    Although I'm interested to see how he goes and hope he sees a lot of game time. It's surprising the Dragons didn't bring him through better then they did , he's deadset got spiders on him.

    He could prove to be the X factor we're in need of off the bench especially come semi finals. Speed you can't coach and I love when we've got blistering speed in the squad it opens up so many more avenues of attack especially in the middle third . When you've got forwards tired defending six again sets they won't handle this kid fresh through the middle.

    Im interested in the plan of how we utilise him. He's not a game manager so Brown will have to do that . Communication will be interesting this week . In what situation does Field out call the ball off Brown ? Is he playing what he sees ,adlib or is he only allowed the ball if Brown sees nothing on his side. 
    The Mahoney , Brown and Field combination is going to take most of my attention Friday night . Guthos got to fit into the mix somewhere as well . Can't wait to find out how it all gels.

  •  I went down to saleyards to watch them train 

     No one there except for some dude doing yoga!

    i like the inclusion of Jai Feild 

     He is quick and has an awesome step,  unsure about his kicking game though 

    • They train at Kellyville now Mudskip. They have done so all year. That's the new centre of excellence.

      •  I did think that was the case ,  I was just in the area and was hoping they were there 😆

        cheers 

  • Good team, I'm glad Jai field is wearing the #7

    this guy is super quick, he needs to take the line on.

    I would also bring S Utoikimanu in for a run as well I would replace him for R Stone for this game. Only cause cowboys are a big team. I like D Gower in the side he's another ball playing forward.

     

    my tip Eels by 6pts

    MOM R Matterson 

  • Not sold on Gower in the 17. Yes he is a good ball player, but we already have a skilled attacking forward pack.

    With JF in the 7 we needed another strong defender.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to LB's discussion Adrian Proszenko: Eels looking at Daniel Anderson
"Though to be fair, Holbrook hired White and Hales who are his mates and it worked. Hired White in GC and worked with Hales at Parra in Holden Cup. That is the difference at least is that if it works nobody notices. I do think Ryles should move Brown…"
3 minutes ago
LB posted a discussion
Michael Caryannis mentioned that Parramatta are not happy Paulo is playing in the WC, preferring he rests his knee over the off-season. He has a chronic knee problem, which more likely could lead to him having another knee arthroscopy or other…
9 minutes ago
LB replied to Aj's discussion Parra now need
"Talk was they would use one on the Wing. Coates as well is out til mid year i believe.
Who knows, maybe Howarth is still an option."
20 minutes ago
LB replied to Roy tannous's discussion Mike rush new ceo
"With Rush now in, hopefully added with POS and/or Anderson added with MON who is there for time being at least. Could see a nice tendom in place. It makes sense that MON stays, for now at least, Rush sees how things go and if we get POS and/or…"
21 minutes ago
More…