Rookie Watch 2013

G'day guys and gals, occasional commenter/general lurker Forty20 here!

Some of you that browse League Unlimited may have seen my 'Rookie Watch 2013' post that I made a few days ago. I have no particular allegiance to either site (and frankly the enmity between the two is frustrating) so when 1EE regular and allround good-guy Jimmy asked me if I was interested in posting it here, I told him I was happy to.

I will give you guys the same general foreword I gave the folks on LU. The off-season is frustrating, especially coming off the back of a horror season. Tempers can flare, especially over the most inane of arguments. In an attempt to remedy this I am making a conscious effort to introduce some focused footy discussion. The goal of this is not to promote my amazing rugby knowledge (as my thoughts are by no means conclusive, or even correct and are often grammatically poor!) but to get you guys to share your opinions. I appreciate the time taken by anyone to read my wall of text, even more so if you get a chance to post your own thoughts!

Onto the list itself! My list features players from both Wenty and the Toyota Cup, as well as some of our more exciting junior recruits. Some of the people on the list such as Makelim and Clay aren't seriously in the line for a promotion but are there for the recognition of young talent. I didn't include any Harold Matts or SG Ball players that may debut in the Toyota Cup as I am not deeply familiar with our junior rep squads. So if anyone is capable of providing insight on those squads, please do!

You may notice that I reference some LU posters, this is because I respect their opinions and I ask that you respect them as well. If there is enough interest in content of this nature, I have begun a 'Player Discussion of the Day' thread on LU and tentatively proposed a Possibles/Probables positional breakdown for 2013. Pending a positive reaction I am happy to bring both ideas to 1EE.

I apologise if the formatting for my post is rubbish and I will endeavour to improve it as I discover the intricacies of the 1EE posting system.

READER BEWARE: WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!

NSW Cup

Marmin Barba (Half/Fullback): Younger brother of the 2012 Dally M, Ben Barba and an exciting prospect in his own right. In 2011 he starred for our NYC team at fullback, which saw him finish third on the try scorers list with 19 meat pies. He graduated to the NSW Cup this season, which also saw a transition from fullback to the halves but his season was swiftly ended when he ruptured his ACL in March. There are questions as to whether he is too small to make a consistent impact in the NRL, though he wouldn't be the first player to overcome size or injury to earn a place in first grade. Marmin has left Parramatta for the Gold Coast.

Rory Brien*(Backrow/Utility): While he made his debut on the wing against South Sydney in Rd. 23 of the 2011 season , Brien is in recent times more at home in the backrow. Versatility and a strong work ethic are the hallmarks of his game and the centre-come-backrower is particularly noted for his tireless efforts in defence. A shoulder injury kept him out of the entire 2012 preseason as well as the first half of the regular season. His return from injury to NSW Cup football was short lived as he was the victim of a vicious high shot which broke his jaw. Like Barba, his biggest disadvantage lies in his small stature though the solution may be found in his versatility. Brien can already cover wing and centre in a pinch and with a strong offseason he may be able to develop into a capable bench hooker. Rory has left Parramatta for the West-Tigers.

Ken Edwards (Backrow): Former Manly and Dragons NYC backrower. Noted bad boy and cousin of James Tamou. Recruited from the QLD Cup. Edwards has earned a place in the trial team against the West-Tigers after a strong showing in our first trial against a NSW Cup/Bundy Cup strength Newcastle team.

Matthew Eisenhuth (Prop/Backrow): Eisenhuth was part of a cadre of NYC players in 2012 to spend a significant amount of time in the NSW Cup under Kearney’s youth policy. Just as his cousin, Paul Gallen, was pushed up into the front row this year, so was Eisenhuth. Although he stands at 192cm and weighs in at 100Kg and possesses a handy offload, at this stage it looks like Eisenhuth lacks the defining characteristics of any of the modern day front-row archetypes; be it power, speed, meterage or defensive prowess. It seems unlikely that he will be there for anything but an injury crisis but to steal a popular line from earlier this year…’happy to be proven wrong!’

Dylan Gilbert (Wing/Centre): Alas I cannot give you a hugely informative write up on Dylan Gilbert but if my memory serves me correctly he emerged from the Bundy Cup in 2011 to become a steady member of the Wenty NSW Cup squad. The most important thing that you need to know about him is that his form over the last 2 seasons warranted the club offering him a contract for 2013. Every club has their dime-a-dozen outside backs on minimum wage but Ringsose-regular I bleed blue & gold has marked Gilbert out as a smokey for first-grade duties in 2013.

Trent Jennings (Centre/Backrow): A former Australian Schoolboy and another player to benefit from our youth initiative this season. Jennings played on the wing for Wentworthville for a brief time before receiving a suspension for a dangerous tackle. He would later return to the NYC where he filled in at five-eighth, backrow and centre. Despite his versatility, Jennings is most likely behind a number of others in each position and will possibly struggle to field a position in a Wenty backline that will feature plenty of other young prospects. This may all prove to be a moot point as Jennings may very well not be with the club in 2013. Scratch that! It is likely this IS a moot point as the on-the-ball tipster, Jimmy informs me he has signed with the West-Tigers.

Toby Key (Prop): Key barely got onto the field this season, which was both a disappointment for him personally and a blow to our NYC forward pack that would have benefited from his presence. As a 1992 (not 1993, d'oh!) baby Key will be moving on from the Toyota Cup next season and it will be interesting to see how he performs in the NSW Cup. Highly rated by The Colonel and tipped by him as one to watch for next year. Toby has left Parramatta and I believe he is playing in a country grade competition.

Lorenzo Ma'afu* (Backrow): A former Bulldog who played 2 first grade games for them back in 2008. Another bad boy and QLD Cup recruit.

Jerome MacKenzie (Wing/Fullback): Mackenzie is the surprise find of the year, starring at wing and fullback for Wentworthville in their tilt at the finals. Possessing balance, elusiveness and electric pace Jerome is highly rated by forumite and Ringrose regular Stagger Eel. Jerome’s path to a full-time contract wasn't through the usual junior representative ranks (Harold Matts, SG Ball and NYC), instead he came via our joint venture partners, the Wentworthville Magpies and was rewarded for his outstanding form with a contract for next year.

Jon Pepa (Centre/Wing): A reliable performer for our Toyota Cup team throughout most of the season. I believe he spent most of his game time in 2011 on the wing but featured more prominently in the centres in 2012. Pepa graduates from the NYC this year and has earned a contract with Wenty for his efforts. While not an out and out superstar, the rise of players like Ryan Morgan has shown that honest hard work and commitment can triumph over raw talent and that is the mindset that may end up rewarding Pepa in 2013.

Semi Radradra (Wing/Centre/Fullback): The Fijian sevens player who made the jump to rugby league. He has played in both the Toyota Cup and the NSW Cup and has given us a mixed bag in both. I’m not exactly sure how old he is but I think he has graduated from the Toyota Cup. Radradra is a project player in the mould of Akuila Uate. It is easy to see the quality he possesses but honing it to the point that he can deal with the rigours of the NRL will take time. He might see first grade in 2013 but if he sticks around beyond that he could be a very good player.

Jason Seage (Half/Fullback/Utility): A Junior Eel who was recruited by the NSW Waratahs from our SG Ball team. Seage spent time in the Australian sevens system, which favoured his ball-playing skills and natural acceleration. His return to Parramatta was hailed as an astute signing and according to forumites closer to the club than I; he was highly rated by our former coaching staff. While starting the season in NYC, Seage was promoted to the NSW Cup and spent a good amount of time there in the halves where he proved to be both sound in defence and capable in offence. Towards the back end of the season, Seage was rumoured to be in the mix to make his NRL debut before a fractured temple/eye socket suffered in a brawl against the Tigers(I think?) NYC team gave Nathan Smith and Jake Mullaney their own first grade opportunities. He is talented, versatile and has a good look in at first grade next year. Jason has left Parramatta for the Sea Eagles.

Peni Terepo (Prop): Terepo’s season was marred by injury from the get-go, which has limited his development against the bigger boppers in the NSW Cup. Terepo is a good front-row prospect whose defining trait is his ability to hit the ball up at pace. He is also capable of punishing defence but this happens too inconsistently to be hailed as a strength. His biggest flaw is his tendency to give away cheap possession with simple handling errors. If Terepo is able to maintain his aggression in defence and limits his mistakes in possession he may prove to be a quality addition to our NRL team.

Vai Toutai (Centre/Wing): Toutai is a former NSW U/18’s representative and one of our better prospects in the outside backs. He played plenty of NSW Cup this year and while he showed glimpses of promise, his performances were often marred by a lack of intensity. With the expected arrival of Israel Folau in 2013, Toutai is jockeying with Morgan, Blair, Sio, Mullaney, Radradra, Loko, Gilbert and Mackenzie for one of 3 or 4 spots in our backline. The standard combination of personal form, the form of the others and injuries will dictate whether Toutai debuts next year. Selected for the NSW Origin Pathways Camp. Despite his age, according to the club he has graduated from the NYC to a full-time contract.

Luke Ukielotu (Backrow): A Coffs Harbour local (a talent cache that has given us players like Greg Inglis, Nathan Smith, Kevin Gordon and Forty20 :P ), Uikelotu falls into the same boat as Jon Pepa having secured a Wentorthville contract on the back of consistent effort in the Toyota Cup. Standing at 193cm with a batting average of 100 on the scales, Uikelotu has a frame that will allow him to compete well in the NSW Cup. Once again the mantra of hard work and commitment rings true if Luke is to over-take more fancied forward prospects such as Tanginoa, Masinamua and Terepo. Luke has left Parramatta to (I believe) return back home to Sawtell.

Jason Wehbe (Half): Enigmatic. Wehbe has been in our junior systems for some time but has rarely lived up to the hype that has occasionally accompanied his progression through our representative squads. Often accused of failing to take control of his team as well as being defensively suspect, Wehbe was promoted to the NSW Cup in order to prove he was worthy of a part-time contract. The most noteworthy tool in Wehbe’s arsenal is his prodigious boot, which is equally effective in general play and goal kicking. He will start 2013 behind a number of others such as Seage and Barba in the halves and will likely struggle to crack first grade. Wehbe's odds don't look like improving any time soon as he is not training with the NRL squad (credit to Jimmy)

Toyota Cup/NYC

Connor Broadhurst (Centre/Wing): Connor was part of the victorious Cane Toad U/18’s team in the curtain raiser to Origin II this year. Despite his eligibility for the SG Ball, Broadhurst played 9 games in the Toyota Cup between round 8 and round 24. While he did not excel in his first showings in the Toyota Cup, it is important to remember that accelerated players like Broadhurst, Makelim, Clay, J.Folau and J.Hopoate would normally be playing against opposition aged 17-18 years old. 2013 shapes up as a big season for all of these kids as they bridge the divide in experience and  size that handicapped this year.

Zac Clay (Half/Hooker): Debuted in our NYC team at the tender age of 17. Clay has spent time at both halfback and hooker and is considered an outstanding prospect. He did some nice things this year, despite the age discrepancy and our NYC team running second last. He is at astronomical odds of debuting in first grade in 2013 but he may get the push to NSW Cup, though a year in the Toyota Cup would do him little harm. One to look out for in the future. Zac has trained with the First Grade squad through out the off-season.

Corey Makelim (Fullback): Continuing with the promotion of youth, Makelim was one of our SG Ball players that saw extensive time in the Toyota Cup. He scored some excellent tries from fullback and laid on several more with some slick passing. On the whole he did well playing behind an inconsistent forward pack and a halves pairing that varied from week to week. He will face competition from our new recruit Isaiah Mosese for the No.1 jersey. 

Frazer Masinamua (Prop/Backrow): A NSW U/18’s representative and NYC mainstay. Frazer is capable of playing in both the front-row as well as packing into the back of the scrum. Noted for his aggressive nature, Masinamua is not afraid to get in the face of the opposition; a trait that is uncommon at Parramatta. He also has a solid work rate with and without possession and has the ability to consistently offload. Out of all of the young forwards in both the NYC and NSW Cup, Masinamua would be the most likely to relish the combative nature of first grade. Selected for the NSW Origin Pathways Camp. Currently training with the first grade squad.

Chad McGill (Hooker/Backrow): One of three Australian Schoolboy representatives in our NYC team, McGill debuted in the Toyota Cup towards the latter part of the season. He played most of his footy off the bench, slotting into the backrow where he performed capably without standing out. In 2013 McGill should be looking to secure a place as a regular starter in our Toyota Cup team.

Pauli Pauli (Backrow/Prop): No relation to Fui Fui. Australian Schoolboy and NSW U/18’s representative. Pauli is big and fast and has an offload with a passing resemblance to that of one Feleti Mateo. He has the build and skill to succeed at higher levels but it is always difficult to tell if the right temperament is there. Assuming our club continues to promote NYC players to the NSW Cup, he will be a good chance to play there next year and from there it is possible that good form may see him play first grade. Currently training with the first grade squad.

Junior Paulo (Prop): Tipping the scales at a colossal 116Kg and not lacking for height (190cm), Paulo is the most physically intimidating member of our Toyota Cup squad. Paulo showed this season that he could throw his massive frame around and generate some devastating offence but he needs to find consistency. With fellow book-ends Eisenhuth and Key moving on to the NSW Cup, Paulo needs to assume the mantle of the leader of our forward pack and utilise his size and experience to show he can dominate the Toyota Cup week in and week out in 2013.

Kaysa Pritchard (Hooker/Half/Lock): Like Marmin Barba, Kaysa is the younger brother of a renowned Bulldog, in this case Frank Pritchard. Kaysa is a livewire hooker who can wreak havoc around the ruck with his acceleration. During this season he also played at lock where he displayed a phenomenal defensive engine, regularly making between 50-60 tackles a game. Unfortunately he does not take after his brother in size and shares a build similar to that of Marmin. As with Marmin, he could still make it purely on skill, determination and hard work. Currently training with the first grade squad.

Kelepi Tanginoa (Backrow/Centre): Our other dual Australian Schoolboy and NSW U/18’s representative. Kelepi is probably the best NRL prospect out of the current NYC team. Tanginoa is quick and robust and most importantly, he has an uncanny knack of breaking tackles. Usually plays in the second row but has filled in at centre on occasion. He should be playing NSW Cup sooner rather than later with decent odds of cracking first grade. Selected for the NSW Origin Pathways Camp. Currently training with the first grade squad. MAJOR UPDATE: Kelepi was named in the Rd.2 team to take on the Bulldogs at ANZ on Thursday the 14th of March.

Joseph Ualesi (Backrow): A regular member of the NYC backrow, Ualesi earns less plaudits than his backrow companions Masinamua, Tanginoa and Pauli Pauli. Despite this he is a consistent performer and may be the type of player that quietly transitions to NSW Cup and slowly builds towards a NRL debut.

Luke Vescio (Hooker): Recruited from Manly for the 2012 season, Vescio is a former Australian Schoolboy and a regular fixture of our Toyota Cup team. He is a tireless worker who was rewarded for his consistent form with the team captaincy, which he held until injury laid him off mid-season. Vescio is a long-term project but may well prove to be a quality hooker.

SG Ball

Tepai Moeroa (Backrow/Centre): Tepai’s sporting talents extend beyond playing a dominant role in the backrow of our SG Ball team. He is also a highly rated rugby union centre and a national champion in shot-put. His diverse sporting portfolio and sheer physical prowess are similar to another well-known schoolboy superstar in one Jarryd Hayne, who was also a national track and field champion in his day (in his case, hurdling). Considered the most talented junior in our ranks by Jake the snake, no small honour given the presence of 3 Australian Schoolboys in the NYC team. Moeroa will likely be at the centre of a tug-of-war between rugby league and union as they look to secure his talents. Selected in the ARU Australian Sevens team. According to 1EE member Joshua Clement, Moeroa has re-signed with Parramatta for a further 2 years. MAJOR UPDATE: Tepai  has been promoted from SG Ball to the Holden Cup immediately, making his debut off the bench in our Rd.1 victory against the Warriors.

Kadince Christensen (Backrow): The first of our two junior signings from New Zealand, Christensen was named captain of this year's NZ U/16's Merit team. Our recruitment guru, Peter Nolan, has noted that he plays in the mould of NRL superstar Paul Gallen. I imagine that someone as experienced as Nolan would not make such a comparison lightly so Kadince will come to Parramatta with big expectations.

Harold Matts

Tyrell Fuimaono (Backrow): NSW U/16 Representative

Dillon Khoury (Fullback)

Jason Tramontana (Hooker)

Alex Twal (Prop): NSW U/16 Representative

The New Boys

Josh Aloiai (Backrow): The elder of our two New Zealand recruits and a member of the New Zealand Schoolboys squad at the age of 17. According to our media report, he is still new to rugby league which leaves him with room to grow. On the whole he is an unknown quantity but it will be exciting to see him turn out in the Toyota Cup.

Erevonu Tuicaumatalevu Kamikamica (Backrow/Prop): Hails from the same island as Semi Radradra and is most likely, our most exciting NYC recruit. He is known as ‘Tui’ and is not only a national rugby union representative (and considered one of their best prospects) but is also a 400m sprint champion. We beat quite a few parties to secure his signature and I imagine he comes to the club with high expectations. He is something of a wildcard in terms of a first grade debut. Logic dictates he will take time to transition to the 13-man code but if he clicks earlier than expected he has a huge amount of potential.

Isaiah Mosese (Fullback/Wing?): Our latest NYC signing. Isaiah comes from the Melbourne Rebels via both the QLD Reds and Western Force systems. Stagger says he is a good’un and the transition from the traditional 15-man union fullback to league outside back is fairly smooth (just don’t kick the bloody ball) so he may end up contesting the NYC fullback spot sooner rather than later. Currently training with the first grade squad.

Notable Omissions & Even Newer Boys (or alternatively, I am too lazy right now!)

John Folau (Centre/Wing) & Jamil Hopoate (Backrow)The younger siblings of our (speculated) two marquee signings. Both are impressive prospects but both are still young and neither had an extended run in the Toyota Cup this year. 2013 will give them both a chance to shine in a hopefully resurgent U/20's team. Jamil has left Parramatta after the club terminated his contract due to a breach discipline. Jamil has returned to the Sea Eagles

Api Pewhairangi (Half/Centre/Utility?): Signed from the Newcastle Knights. Will turn out for Wenty and has some versatility about him. As with Brayden, I hope to hear some positive news about his progress throughout the off-season. With the departure of Jason Seage, Api has assumed the #7 jersey for Wentworthville.

Aorere Pewhairangi (Centre/Wing): Younger brother of Api and an U17 Maori representative, Aorere will feature in our SG Ball squad in 2013.

James Tuiatahi (Wing/Centre): Nuggety and powerful outsideback. Selected for the NSW Origin Pathways Camp.

Tyrone Viiga (Prop): A Wentworthville recruit by way of the Cronulla NYC squad. Recommended by Ricky Stuart himself, Viiga is a physically intimidating unit at 190cm and 111Kg and was the Players' Player for Shark's NYC squad despite spending time in the NSW Cup in 2012. An unknown quantity at Parramatta by definitely one to watch in 2013.

Brayden Wiliame (Centre/Wing/Fullback): Signed from the Melbourne Storm. Like Api, he will turn out for Wenty. He is 189cm and weighs around 90Kg, so he has a decent frame for an outside back. I will update his write-up with any pre-season information that trickles through.

*Although Rory Brien and Lorenzo Ma'afu have debuted, they count as a rookies under the Dally M system

Too Long; Didn't Read
Possible Candidates

NSW Cup

• Marmin Barba
  • Rory Brien
  • Ken Edwards
  • Matthew Eisenhuth
  • Dylan Gilbert
  • Trent Jennings (Scratched)
  • Toby Key
  • Lorenzo Ma'afu
  • Jerome Mackenzie
  • Jon Pepa
  • Semi Radradra
  • Jason Seage
  • Peni Terepo
  • Vai Toutai
  • Luke Uikelotu
  • Jason Wehbe

Toyota Cup

• Connor Broadhurst
  • Zac Clay
  • Corey Makelim
  • Frazer Masinamua
  • Chad McGill
  • Pauli Pauli
  • Junior Paulo
  • Kaysa Pritchard
  • Kelepi Tanginoa
  • Joseph Ualesi
  • Luke Vescio

SG Ball

• Tepai Moeroa
  • Kadince Christensen

Harold Matts

• Tyrell Fuimaono
  • Dillon Khoury
  • Jason Tramontana
  • Alex Twal

New Recruits

• Josh Aloiai
  • Erevonu Tuicaumatalevu Kamikamica
  • Isaiah Mosese

Notable Ommisions

• John Folau
  • Jamil Hopoate
  • Api Pewhairangi
  • Aorere Pewhairangi
  • James Tuitahi
  • Tyrone Viiga
  • Brayden Wiliame

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is the most comprehensive assessment I have seen of all the young prospects coming through our system. I really enjoyed reading this and thanks for posting Forty20.
  • FORTY 20, Mate killer post and welcome to 1EE the superior eels website lol, you must be one of the 10 posters from over there.

On a serious note i havnt had time to read all your blog but thats a great rundown and thanks for posting such an indepth post its a credit to you.

When i have a chance tomoz to really go through it i will, it looks like a great read, cheers

• Good read.
  • Certainly a Top Blog in the making Forty 20, well done great read big effort.
  • I read the wall of words. Probably because I am a geek and read many walls of words. I appreciated reading about the lower grade players, as I live overseas and thus my only news about Parra specifically is 1EE. Hence, thanks for the news. Cheers.
  • Awesome job Forty20. Couple of thoughts, if I could:

I believe Jimmy mentioned last year that Jon Pepa and Luke Uikelotu had been offered Wenty contracts. Pepa has plenty of pace and he keeps sticking about and making sides at the expense of more highly rated players. Uikelotu has a good frame, is aggressive. Both probably need more bulk and power to give themselves the ability to break tackles at senior level.

I"ll be interested to see what Matty Eisenhuth looks like when he makes it back onto the field this year. Let's remember that he was somewhat surprisingly thrust into the front row last year and that last year was really the first year he started to put on any bulk at all as he was a beanpole second rower the year before. As such, work really hasn't even begun in shaping his physique into front row shape and he has a lot of upside to go there. He's one of those players who does all the little things right, is very coachable, and I'd rate his defense as excellent.

Jason Wehbe is going to be interesting. If Ricky Stuart elects to go with a Chris Sandow/Luke Kelly halves combination, I can see Wehbe having a crack at six this year. The Sandow and Kelly combination works at least in theory because Kelly is potentially a player who can be the dominant half at six, allowing Sandow to run more. If you lose Kelly through injury, the most obvious replacement is Ben Roberts, however Roberts is a different style of player - he's a supporting or split half who works best off a strong seven and that was a core fault with the formation that Kearney tried to take into the club last year. Wehbe can POTENTIALLY be that same kind of player as Kelly and would complement Sandow better than any other player in the club. This year, we'll see what Jason is made of. He's cruised through our junior grades and through schoolboy footy on his talent, and it wouldn't surprise me if the fact that he's not training with the NRL squad is a very deliberate message from the club that if he's going to ever play NRL he needs to start working his butt off. He's a good-sized boy for a half and defence shouldn't be an issue if his attitude and technique is right. If he does that he could be a smokey because if you've got Israel Folau sitting out wide on the fifth tackle waiting for a kick and you wanted any half in the system to drop it on the dime for him, Wehbe probably just about has the best kick in the club for that scenario.

I think Robbie Kamoto's worth mentioning as well. He hasn't always has his head in the right place and basically didn't play football in 2011, but then stepped straight up to play pretty bloody well at NYC level despite being SG Ball age last year. Mitchell Moses is the boom half of their age bracket supposedly right now, but I thought Kamota showed more natural ability than Moses when they both played Matts for us. Very similar player to Zac Clay in that neither has a lot of size but both blessed with tonnes of natural ability and are both real footballers. 

Players to look out for coming out of the Harold Matts side most definitely Tyrell Fuimaono. He's a second rower with enormous promise and made NSW 16's this year as did Alex Twal.

Fullback Dillon Khoury is a very handy player and I like our Matts hooker Jason Tramontana as well.

• Great read forty20, one of the best for a long time!
  • Great assessment, Forty20! 

Looking forward to seeing all our of youngsters in actions again, as well as the new players we have coming in, all of whom are talented. 

Hopefully we get to see more out of Marmin Barba in the NSW Cup, given his long-term injury last year ruled out any chance he had of really making an impact for Wenty. 

Really hoping Eisenhuth can push on as well. Adjusting from the back-row as a thinner player, to the front-row, a position where you're required to bulk up somewhat is never easy - but I think there were times when Eisenhuth really started to play well and adjust easier than he had at other times. 
    Hopefully he can become more accustomed to the front-row, and not only push for a potential spot in first-grade, but at least play well enough that if required due to injury, he'll be ready for the opportunity. 

Here's hoping Terepo can get his ball handling under control. As dynamically brilliant as he is in attack, he makes some poor, pedestrian errors, so he has to get that out of his game.
    I think in NYC at one stage (this would have been last year, if I'm not mistaken), his metres per carry average was higher than that of Fui's. 
    That tells you how destructive he is when he hits the ball up. He'll certainly push for a spot in first-grade, if he plays well enough. 

Don't think there's really much that has to be said about the likes of Kelepi Tanginoa, Pauli Pauli, Kaysa Pritchard and Vai Toutai - the four guys that I think, are pretty much our best prospects coming through the ranks at the moment, at least out of those still eligible for NYC. 

Throw in Eisenhuth, Terepo, and the ever-talented and versatile Jason Seage, and there's some incredibly talented kids coming through the ranks. 

Can't wait to watch them all in action. 
    Again, a fantastic analysis, Forty20. 

• Of those players listed under NSW Cup the only ones NOT training with the NRL Squad starting Monday are Toby Key and Jason Wehbe.

Of those players listed in NYC. and new recruits the following players will commence training with the NRL Squad tomoz;
    Pauli Pauli
    Kelepi Tanginoa
    Frazer Masinimua
    Kaysa Pritchard
    Vai Toutai
    Isaiah Mosese

I'm disappointed that Wehbe and Key will not be in the NRL Squad. Both would have benefitted immensely with exposure to the training.
  • Great post. Zac Clay has the potential to become the next Benji Marshall.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Slugg replied to LB's discussion What round should NRL include?
"Bill and Ted round "
1 minute ago
Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion What round should NRL include?
""Belt up BA round " that's where anybody can go to parra training and belt the shit out of Brad Arthur. Probably  no good for Brad but it would make me feel a lot better.  "
32 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Frankie Fong's discussion HUGE NEWS FOR 1 EYED EELS MEMBERS
"Hugo my boy, he didn't say he was an international player. Pop' said he played  rugby internationally, which means to me he played rugby in another country he didn't mention that he played played for Parra I did If I hadn't, then he wouldn't of…"
33 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Frankie Fong's discussion HUGE NEWS FOR 1 EYED EELS MEMBERS
"Hang on ! YOU were the one who started to this dick measuring contest ! And then we had some jump on and say you were an international player ! Fong is just calling you out ! 
You can't start crying about it. 
Are you Michael Witt ? Michael was a…"
46 minutes ago
More…