Redcliffe dolphins

What a great day, with the announcement of the mighty dolphins being named as the league's 17th team. I've been a eels supporter since a young fella but have been living in the Morton bay region since 2010. They have been my Q cup team since moving up here. It will be weird having a split alliance come 2023.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-confirms-17th-team-will-be-redcliffe-dolphins-after-awarding-licence-to-fourth-queensland-team/news-story/8e9f970cd5810987d111314a766b0c8a

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Context is king here. SL's crowds were boosted by massive crowds at Broncos games at the old ANZ Stadium up here, and most of the ARL's Sydney clubs were in poor shape back then. 

Do I believe that the NRL will be how I see it could be ? Of course not. But that wasn't the point I was making. 

• It's great news and I wouldn't blame you for jumping ship I've always said if we ever got a genuine central coast team not the bears!!! I'd jump on a bandwagon in 2020 I had a eels and a discounted warriors membership just because every other week there was a game at Gosford 

• Was talking to one of the Director's at a Dolphins volunteers function on Saturday night for coaches etc. They were very confident but still waiting for the final formal announcement. They've been working toward this for nearly 30 years.

Redcliffe are the most successful club in Qld Cup history and have produced a tonne of former and current NRL players including the Immortal Artie Beetson. There's numerous tie ins with the eels and dolphins, both formed 1947, both had the great Beetson play for them, the current dolphins Qld Cup coach is Adam Mogg who played for the eels as well and even the current assistant coach Danny Green spent some time at the eels.

Will definitely be supporting them in some manner given my ties to the club already. Going to be tough with 2 teams to follow!!!

• You know the consequences of switching from the Eels to the Dolphins and we end up winning the comp. It means the last 35 years we're your fault! 

• I started following the Eels in 1980 after seeing them play St George on a trip to Sydney to my aunt's place - so I'm claiming the 4 premierships due to my allegiance. Not sure who on here started following them in 1987, but Christ they undid all my good work in a hurry!!! If I follow the Dolphins and they win early on I'll be claiming it.

• Fair enough, I hope they do really well, they'll be everyone's favourite Brisbane based team.

• The dolphins is a great name, very marketable to all ages.

• Seeing all the love here for the dolphins makes me think of that saying from Jeff Ross:

"FUCK EM"

Just another team that will get a leg up from the NRL.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

brissyeel replied to Mr 'EffortOnEffort' Analyst's discussion Few Senior Players unhappy about BA extending
"Can you start on about Michell (cock)roach? Not sure where you'd start, pretty much any normal sledge would probably be true for she/her/them/it in real life anyway....."
4 minutes ago
Blue Eel replied to Mr 'EffortOnEffort' Analyst's discussion Few Senior Players unhappy about BA extending
"What a load of crap...............
I could make something up right now and Bang !!!!!!! @ A rumour is born.    Some people seriously need to find a rewarding life instead of attacking our club and coaches non stop... Its tedious and getting damn…"
9 minutes ago
Michelle roach replied to Mr 'EffortOnEffort' Analyst's discussion Few Senior Players unhappy about BA extending
"Facts are right lol must be another looser "
29 minutes ago
Michelle roach replied to Mr 'EffortOnEffort' Analyst's discussion Few Senior Players unhappy about BA extending
"Lol ur brother bushy is calling you "
30 minutes ago
More…