Please explain

Let me ask a question a players has a  market value of 1000.00 example  but he goes to roosters and he get paid 900.00 because he wants to be part of winning club. What value will the roosters declare in salary cap $900 or 1000.00 either way isn't the salary cap breach ?  I remmember izzy wanted to play for parra but because he wanted to play for less his market value this was taken into account and nrl didn't accept the offer .why do the roosters sign sbw for less than his market value? Everyone can see this is unfair play what are everyone thoughts

Apologise if everyone is sick of hearing about this . Please just clarify for me 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If he's playing for roosters he is worth 300k on the salary cap regardless what he actually receives. 

• But his market value is more than that right .

• First of all, there is no such thing as “market value” market value is subjective.

Secondly if the Roosters are paying the player $900 then that is the cap hit, not some mythical value.

Thirdly in the SBW case, the Roosters are paying him somewhere between 150-200k to play the last 4 weeks of the regular season, that is the figure that counts against the cap. 

• So they are not breaching the cap then .

• Officially no. 

• So if the Broncos can't make the finals and Fafita is heading to the Titans in Nov.

say he's on $500k currently. Can he ask for an early release from the last 2 games of the season and we'll pay him $39k to play those games plus the finals?

paying players for a hand full of games when others have to sign for a minimum 12months is the issue I have with this new version of the rules.

• Theoretically yes they could do that, the Warriors released Blake Green to the Knights this week, assuming the Broncos would release him, but they have no incentive to do so.

The SBW case is different because he is coming back into the league as opposed to transferring between clubs.

That being said, I do think that there should be a cutoff at June 30, (in normal non COVID years) for all roster changes.

It's also why I'm in favour of clubs being able to trade players. The Broncos could trade David Fifita to the Titans for say Tyrone Roberts, the Titans could trade Jai Arrow to the Bunnies for Alex Johnstone and play him at fullback.

The Titans get Fifita whom they're getting anyway, the Bunnies get Arrow, whom they're getting anyway, the Broncos get an experienced, capable half in Ty Roberts, and cap relief & the Alex Johnstone gets to play fullback at the Titans.

• This reply was deleted.
              • I'm not happy that a team like the roosters who have been struck down with injury, get to bring in a decent player to help and only have to put up a contract for the remainder of the year. A figure no other team gets to do because they would normally have to add a minimum 12 month contract to their cap.

again, I go back to the lack of consistency and transparency which has been an NRL trademark for years now, no matter who is in the seat.

• The Knights have done the same thing with Blake Green, we did it last season with Waqa Blake and in 2017 with Mitch Moses. Only the pro rata of those contracts counted against our cap. 

• So is SBW on a 1yr contract or is he signed just for the remainder of this season?

Waqa, Mitch and Blake have new contracts that extended well past the season they started. That's the difference.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Snottie Pimpin replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Sean Russell
"He's a Ron Massey cup winger playing NRL through a rails run development "
2 seconds ago
Angry Eel replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Aitken played it off the mark and took our markers out"
11 seconds ago
Parrapowa replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"If we can't win this put them in the bin "
45 seconds ago
LB replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Michael Ennis happy now. But seriously the amount of defence they've had to do and for us to just let them in easily and quickly is ridiculous."
48 seconds ago
More…