Parramatta Tear Up Jennings Contract

Eels tear up Michael Jennings’ contract

The former Australian international currently works for a building company while he awaits a verdict on his drug cheating charges.

Parramatta has torn up Michael Jennings’ $8000 a week salary while he is banned for alleged drug cheating.

Jennings was suspended by the NRL last October for returning a positive sample for banned substances Ligandrol and Ibutamoren and three of their metabolites.

The former Australian international currently works for a building company while he awaits a verdict.

According to Phil Rotherfield from The Daily Telegraph, the Eels will continue to provide welfare support but have suspended the 32-year-old’s contract which expires at the end of the year.

Jennings has played 298 games and scored 154 tries in the NRL since his debut for Penrith in 2007.

He crossed to the Roosters in 2013 and then to the Eels in 2016, where he has made 105 appearances.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Had such an amazing career, a fantastic player for every club he played for.Thanks for your time.However had he not cheated he may just have made it to 300 games on GF day last year.

• Sad story. He's legacy is up shit creek now

• This reply was deleted.
    • I think there is a very good case for a cap exemption until they can figure this out. The club has no options and are being held at the mercy of the whole debacle. So quick to stand him down after the "A" sample, yet months and months to get a "B". It's a joke, this is a professional competition.

• Agree, don't understand why it takes so long to determine a sample in this highly technological age. 

• I agree brissy but seeing as it was copied from an article on another site, I thought it best to leave it as is.

• You're correct Brissy, the news is wierd really.  Its headline is:- The eels have torn up his contract, then a few lines or less it says that his contract is suspended, so what is it?

I would say that its either the results are not far off being released, which could mean he is guilty, meaning his contract is to be torn up but from what point? The other side of the coin is the club needs to fill that spot in the team and are looking at a particular player to fill it.  All guesses welcome as to which is or will be correct.

• This reply was deleted.
        • 2 Years is absolute lunacy. It's already way too long after 4 months. Especially when the A sample must be almost instant and effectivle enough to end a players career leaving his whole character in question. What a farce

• Look at how long it took to get Xerri's B sample

I cannot see any logical or legal reason why this takes as long as it does.

• Does this mean we now have the money to use to buy someone? Or do we need to await the B sample result?

• I think we need to wait until the process is complete before we can use the money to buy another player not that there is much available at the moment. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"I'll never leave.I don't care how bad we are going I'll always back an under dog no matter what.Staying hard has its testing times and this is just another one of many along the journey.My NFL team has never won the SB and lost a game that seemed…"
3 hours ago
Hell On Eels’s discussion was featured

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
7 hours ago
Hell On Eels posted a discussion

The free-falling Eels are staring down the barrel of another nail in their season’s coffin. They sit like ducks in the target arrow of the public's microscope just waiting to dissect their ANZAC performance.
Despite the Eagles superior position…
7 hours ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Sanders defence in the halves is actually better than Hands. NSW Cup stats would back this statement up as well. Hands is actually a poor defender in the halves. He is barely cup quality in cup. Hands is an out and out hooker in my opnion."
7 hours ago
More…