Parramatta Eels add four players to its 2021 NRL squad

The Parramatta Eels are pleased to announce three player signings and the retention of Will Smith for the 2021 NRL season.

Michael Oldfield has agreed to a one-year deal, bringing 100 games of experience in both the NRL and the English Super League.

He most recently played for the Canberra Raiders.

Keegan Hipgrave has also agreed to a one-year deal with a Club option for 2022.

He has played for the Gold Coast Titans since 2017.

Pleasingly, Parramatta Eel Will Smith will also remain with the Club for a fifth season and has re-signed for the 2021 season.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “We look forward to welcoming Michael and Keegan in the 2021 pre-season and having Will remain in the Blue and Gold.”

“We believe the combination of the new NRL rule changes, Eels coaching capability and our Club environment will bring the best out of these players.

“We are thankful of their decision to choose our club and are excited about working together upon their arrival,” O’Neill said.

Development List

Nathaniel Roache has been added to the Eels’ development squad.

Nathaniel has played 26 NRL games for the Warriors after making his debut in 2016.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Keegan Hipgrave is a great signing.

• Yeah agreed really like the bloke

• Fresh prince yay 

• fresh prince our best signing in years

• Why oh why. Does reserve grade desperately need his blue eyes that bad Carlo.

• Great? Lol that word gets thrown around too much.

• Wow I didn't realise Hipgrave was available. He cuts opponents in half. Great signing. 

• Yeah, the Titans went hard to keep him. Very surprising 

• nice signings hipgrave will be great off the benxh

• Keegan Hipgrave... get ready for more of the "we just played dumb"  press conferences. Gotta disagree with people here saying he was a good signing. There was a game this season he had 2 hitups, 12 missed tackles and gave away 4 penalties. 

Roache was decent at the start of his career but plagued by injuries. Def worth a development contract.

Oldfield. Meh.

Not exactly sure what we're doing here.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Milky you have been known to sign anything, even I have your autograph!
I am thinking of selling it to Chiefy because  he buys anything! ..............I once had Wiz's autograph but sold it to Brown and Moses, after they got their first 1 million…"
15 minutes ago
Nitram replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I hope we don't sign him. I don't see what the fuss is about this bloke. Seems overrated to me.
But I said the same thing the Moses in 2017 signing so...."
47 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree, May is value at 500k.
Moving Tago to 6 is interesting, not sure he's a 5/8th in skillset?! He's a gun centre and maybe Panthers didn't want to lose both him and Crichton? 
With South's I feel they lost direction without Reynolds, too many…"
50 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"LB you probs correct on two Coaches getting maturity from Lomax, it was all in his mannerism last night. I do wonder the noise from Parra if Gutho went to Wing... for the betterment of the Team? Would he bleet 🐏 so much? "
1 hour ago
More…