MRC - Jr accepts charge

Eels forward Junior Paulo was charged with a Grade One – Dangerous Contact (other) charge for a tackle on Broncos forward David Fifita in the 42nd minute of the clash. With a base penalty of 100 points, Paulo entered an early guilty plea (75 points) for the charge meaning he will be available for selection in Round 20.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/09/19/eels-duo-charged-by-match-review-committee/?nrlreferral=true&_ga=2.259161229.605525323.1600651800-1307963204.1549247405

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OH FFS Milk - Annersley is an ex politician and well versed in double talk, BULLSHIT and generally deceiving people into thinking he is actually saying something constructive.  It is called Butt Covering.

The inconsistentcies are multilying exponentially inside the NRL, THAT is what needs to be stamped out.

• Thanks for posting that MeelK, anyone who watches what Annesley says should understand we were never going to be successful in challenging this charge

• Challenging the charge was not necessarily about winning meelk, if we lost Paulo would have been suspended for the tigers game and therefore not had any carry over points going into the finals.

• Nice work Meelk watching that changed my mind, I though we should have challenged it but this is a very good point. Smart work by club to accept and move on.

• This is bullshit, he did nothing weong and gets punished for bullcrap to cover up the bad call from the ref. What's next! No tackling andmake it touch? because that's how it looks like it going with the dipsticks running the show.

• I'll stand corrected however what was so very different between Juniors takle and the tackle on the Royce Hunt (i think from JWH) other than the jersey that the tackler was wearing. The tackle on Hunt looks much worse than Juniors as the tackle is made from behind with the tackler dropping onto legs whilst Juniors was front on and Fifita pivote. No citing for the Roosters player. Yet again, all we ask for is consistency.

• Here is what we all know will happen. 
    An opposition player will hip drop tackle an Eels player next week or in the finals and get neither penalized or cited, or if they are cited they will get off. 
    I think it overall fair enough that Paulo was cited. The video footage of Annesley shows the tackler grabbing at the runner's hips and twisting their body into the runner as the runner falls, which is why the ankle ends up underneath the tackler. 
    Paulo's was less a dropping of his body and more a lowering of his body, but the motion of twisting into the runner was present. 
    But if we can then admit that Paulo was legitimately charged, even if his offense was accidental, it just seems the Eels have a habit of their opponents getting away with what we don't get away with. Note in the same video Annesley admits Fergo's try was a try and the ref made a mistake, but when he thought that happened to Manly he immediately commented on it versus taking days when it happens to the Eels. Also, the Roosters were denied a fair try last week and it was like the NRL was arranging them counseling, what with the speed of the NRL saying bunker operations would be changed after the favourite sons were dudded 

• Our club has no balls. They pleaded guilty to something he didn't do! Ricky Stuart knows how to get things done as that blow up yesterday will ensure he wins every penalty count for the rest of the year

• The dices are loaded. We were never going to win even if we are right. Didn't we all say 3 days ago there was no way Jr would be charged by MRC? Got nothing to do with balls, all about keeping on the refs good side for the game and locking in 4th spot on Saturday.

• Absolute Graham Annesley garbage. What exactly did Junior do wrong ?

Sets a very slippery precedent.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"A big part of our shit defence this years been our crappy linespeed,
If BA uses Lussick and Hands properly that problem isn't an issue if they do their job leading the defensive line.
These rivalry games throw up some curveballs , I expect tonight…"
7 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"I was at that game at magic round. Gave me nightmares. "
25 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Yeah, we look like a part time footy team. Hmmm, that sounds familiar for some reason."
27 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"and as predicted south's about to make a move no doubt "
28 minutes ago
More…