Manly v Parra

Manly were very impressive today.....but I still think we will beat them.Dogs were woeful, and I have the confidence in our defense now especially on the edges where Manly were breaking through, and it feels good to be able to say that for a change.

I think it will be a great game, and close maybe Eels 14 to 8.  home crowd bringing us home.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Sea Eagles have a very good starting 13. In the corresponding game last year, we could not stop their momentum once they got a roll on through Fainu, Taupau and AFB. 

It feels like the team has moved on from being that side that cannot play off the back foot, principally because of the development of Moses and D Brown. However, it remains to be seen because we have not been tested yet. 

If we can withstand their assault and turn it into a tight contest, then we have turned a corner. 

If we get belted, not much has changed. 

• Definitely a game to gauge how well we are actually going. Manly are always a tough opponent and will compete to the end...but now so do we. 
    I though we looked very fit and physical against the broncos and it will be very close

• I'm a parra fan and a realist. It's a terrible combination that results in a form of pure pessimism not matched in modern sporting fandom.

I wish I could be off with the fairies and suffer with the kind of delusional thoughtform only seen in mental patients and sporting fans. I am sorry but baseless optimism is not confidence, it's just that, delusion.

I expect us to be disapointed.

But, GO PARRA!!

• Feeling quite confident. Think LEVI is not as smooth as API or Fanua was for them last year. He is a solid defender but he hasnt got that smooth silky game and is synced into DCE as yet.   Once again, the team that controls possesion and field position wins this. WE have subtle advantages across the park.  Like to see FERGO pull out a special big one.   WE might once again defend our way to victory.

• This reply was deleted.
      • He did kill us. Their forwards were running through our middle like a hot knife does to butter.This was one of our worst games against a team that struggled for 2/3 of the season and ended up being belted several times.

• We played them into form that day, think they had lost a few then went on a roll after that.

• A lot of people are saying the Eels have a great draw that is not too hard - we need to meet the hard teams so when the finals come round we are up to scratch.

Soft draw means we will be soft in the finals.

Bring them on and let's see what we really have going for us.

• All I can say is I hope they have extra strong reinforced hinges on the away team changeroom doors. 

• Broncos threw a fair bit at us last week, They were nothing like the dragons or titans. I wonder if we do beat Manly will the roosters game in 2 week after that be the real test for the Eels. I think every game is the real test and as we saw against the dogs and pamfers at Bankwest last season, there are no half efforts in the NRL. Off slightly & you are dust.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Peter Robinson posted a discussion
I'm sorry but watching this team over the last 5-6 years with skilled players. Big forwards and strong halves. Once we try and defend our 20 we have been the worst in the league.its been that way for years. Moses long kicking has protected us for so…
16 seconds ago
Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Some people get promoted above their station in life - BA is a prime example of this.
People say BA will get another gig in the NRL, honestly I dont think there will be many if any clubs looking for his style of coaching......
He knows it that's why…"
1 minute ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"To be honest I can see us getting it very easily. Titans would of smashed us, tigers have beat us. I think we are on a sinking ship. "
7 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"He's definitely got a get out clause in case the club moves to remove BA before he comes..."
8 minutes ago
More…