Latrell and Wighton charged after brawl in Canberra

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-news-2023-latrell-mitchell-and-jack-wighton-alleged-hotel-fight-in-canberra-arrested-latest-updates/news-story/2351fedf5656508153e3716ecd6f895f?fbclid=IwAR0_tiYkd9rgn0VZOmZPnqIv5JT3A1EfPoLRF6frZAxLfzGYwq7bsFaZInw&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

I tried copying the link to a Fox Sports article that has Latrell Mitchell charged with affray and resist arrest in Canberra and Jack Wighton with affray after a night of boozing to celebrate Wighton 30th.  This happened last night.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What about Lockyer tackling the security guard while on the marching powder, or Corey Parker racking a big line off a dunny the night before his final game, or Freddy's wild nights out in his heyday or Joey John's entire career? Does this prove that the NRL in fact protect and preferentially treat caucasian players differently?

• Big difference between snorting some cocaine and having a wild night to bashing women , spitting in the face of women and being arrested and resisting arrest .  

• Sure, but the assertion was that things are swept under the rug for indigenous players, I provide examples were the same thing happened for caucasian players, nullifying the argument that it only happens for players who are Aboriginal.

I don't know why the NRL didn't stand them down, neither do you. Maybe it is because they want two if their biggest indigenous stars to play in the season opening exhibition game, maybe having spoken to witnesses they agree it was a bit of a wrestle between mates. We have no idea, but when so many just assume and assert that it's purely because of their race, it just reveals their prejudices.

• Not even remotely close examples. You forgot the part about being arrested and fighting police trying to arrest them. 

• Maggie you argue your points well but like a lot of arguments we as human beings become absolute. The examples you parade are not absolute but the fact cannot be denied that the "race card" gets a lot of play time across many examples in our society.

This is maybe not hard to understand, I think in this case we all saw Latrell Mitchell take a bridge too far....Wighton's history is bad, but Mitchell's is enough is enough.

• Magpie , we're those examples charged and spent the night in jail ?  

show me one that was and then the next day chauffeured back into camp ready to play like nothing happened and I'll agree with you . Till then , your examples are non comparable. Not even close.

•  Haha Pops "left-wing nutter?' I don't know about that mate. My background is coming from a poor family background and who has lived in an excellent close supportive community. I owe a lot to the incredibly great opportunity of being offered a Gough Whitlam free higher education that I struggled with mastering due to disadvantages in my early life. Understandably my lived experience has sympathy for those who are denied opportunities around inequality. You only have one life. If those values are left-wing what is wrong with that?

• Nothing Tad, everyone loves you, your still a left wing "nutter".There's plenty out there that wear their heart on their sleeve, nothing wrong with that.....just live with the destinction.I'm sure you would prefer to be a left wing nutter than an arrogant prick! Lol

• What happened to the NRLs stand down policy ? Does it not apply to all situations ?  Resisting arrest , affray are not a light aqusation.  Yet the NRL dished out a ban to Dylan Brown for someone illegally filming him in a toilet and sharing it online.  

Guess it pays to be either aboriginal or at least pretend to be an Aboriginal. Have seen players stood down by the NRL for much less.  

• Attention pops ... exhibit A over here. Thanks for proving my point Wiz.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"Do we overrate our middles?
Spud Carroll just picked his nsw forwards and cant find room for either RCG or Paulo. I note he has no Jake Turbo (who always performs for NSW and is a great prop to pair with Hass) and he picked Nathan Brown on his…"
46 seconds ago
Wile E. Coyote replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Moses is 30 this year and has a contract till he is 32 (2026) with PO until 34 (2028)
Dylan is 24 this year  with a contract until he is 25 (2025) with PO until he is 28 (2028)
Blaize is 19 years old and is not yet ready for first grade full time…"
1 minute ago
LB replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"This is an issue for the kid, he's a tweener. Now it worked out for Cronk who came to Melbourne as a tweener than got developed into one of the greatest Halfbacks of the modern era.
Talagi can work at Fullback but needs a lot of development. Not…"
5 minutes ago
LB replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"We do have Sam Tuivaiti who is a good kid. Only thing is he is stuck in Flegg still and not sure why he has not been put in NSW cup now. He is on a top 30 deal for 2025, so why not let him develop in Cup? I understand they may want Flegg to do…"
34 minutes ago
More…