1. A ball passed sideways or backwards is legal
2, Balls floating forward or passed forward are illegal
3. Stick to the rules and players and skill coaches will work on methods to make sure that regardless of whatever position or circumstance a player is met with, the players will develop the right skills through intense training to not make an illegal pass.
4. Use the million dollar bunker to check on any questionable/dubious pass throughout the game. Doesn't matter what the play is afterwards, if the bunker finds an illegal pass, notify the on field refs and apply the rulings and get on with the game.
Stick to these simple rules and get rid of EVERYTHING that is grey and murky out of the game.
5. While the play continues, use the bunker when loose balls appear in two, three, four man tackles and if there is a culprit found stripping the ball then stop the game, give the culprit a yellow card and if he is caught a second time in the game he is sent off for the rest of the game and fined a minimum of $20k and carry over points are accumulated season after season and when they hit 40 points or even 3o points (10 points per infringement) the player is booted out of the game for at least 3 games.
6. If more than one defender touches an attacking player with the ball during a tackle, then no player is allowed the attempt of stripping the ball. Only a real one on one is allowed the right to strip the ball and the moment an attacker is on the ground, knees or butt or back stomach, shoulders elbows, the strip attempt is immediately over and the attacker gets up to play the ball. You can only strip the ball while an attacker carrying the ball is standing.
Sure, the issue of recalling players to deal with an event that occurred in a previous play or two will happen, but to my way of thinking, this is far, far, far, far, better than the awful stench of players, clubs, fans, officials, media, etc, tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands or millions will be caught up in controversies dealing with shit refereeing & non use of bunker decisions that denied a team the chance to win a game fairly and squarely.
7. The bunker should be used to recall all knock ons and illegal plays/actions too and the culprits should be punished.
Get rid of the grey areas in our game, put on the extra time lost in recalling players to an event that occurred in a previous play or two, and this will also cut down on, though not completely, all the big money gambling interests that can use its power to sway a game in their favour.
If we want to stamp out the bullshit even more, then players get carry over penalty points too for passing a ball forward and bar accidents/circumstances, players and clubs should be punished for breaking the rules of the game - look at forward passes as an attempt to cheat/deceive and potentially making a mockery of our game.
How else are we to get rid of these awful grey areas in our game, all of them completely open to misuse in a vast variety of ways.
Support the traditional good will spirit of the game and accept nothing less no matter what.