Jarryd Hayne- Trial Commences this week

As per the heading Jarryd Haynes trial commences this week.  Great image for the NRL with De Belins trial currently going on for sexual assault related offences and now Jarryd Haynes for similar.  Anyway, reading the article, it appears that he has returned from his Christian Mission in Perth and has been training with current and former members of the Eels squad in Sydney and still has hopes of returning the the NRL. I make no comment in relation to the charges, trial or allegations for obvious reasons and would ask people to do the same. ( Super if that cannot be controlled or exposes the site then comfortable with and decision you make).

If he is guilty of the offences he has been charged with, then I hope he gets what he deserves.  Likewise, if he is inncocent, I hope he gets the outcome he deserves in that regard.   If found guilty, it is career over in my opinion.

If however he is acquitted, who thinks at age 32 any NRL Club would offer him a final crack? Would anyone want him back at the Eels?  Would he be a replacement for Jennings for example? Are we better having moved on and leaving it at that?

EE

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In QueeRZland there are laws to take false accusers to court with the possibilty of a jail sentence.

Compensation can only be achieved through private litigation I think

• We are halfway thru the trial, and while hoping for an acquittal for hayne, I realise the verdict can still go either way.                                  Hayne has been dealt no favours by the local press's ( The Herald ) coverage of the case last week. While its customary to expect the Press to be fair in its coverage of a criminal trial, the Herald showed, on its front page midweek, a very grim-faced Jarryd Hayne, sheltering behind dark sunglasses outside the court accompanied by the Headline " I kept saying NO...NO....NO". ,This appeared to show blatant bias against Hayne and I was dismayed to see it. I just hope it doesn't sway anyone who has a decision to make next week.                     In the event he wins his case, he will definitely want to play footy again, so I hope we have some cap space left to fit him in,                       

• The leftist propoganda marxist media never favours the innocent.

• Agree totally Richard. Like I said earlier, some of the reporting has left out some important things about what was said. The headlines are frighteningly one sided. Tbh as much as I’ve been following the case I don’t really think it’s fair on either party the press is allowed to give a blow by blow running commentary. As I said the jurors are only human! 

Today the sensationalised headline ‘Hayne admits he was knocked back twice by lady he accused of sexually assaulting” Fox Sports!!! Ffs sake what is any person going to think about that headline when the accused is  in a rape trial!?!? it was that he asked her to go to the party and she said no. Fox sports click baiting a wider audience but that’s disgusting.

like I said before he has always been a one man walking headline so they gonna cash in on this one understand that - but the jury are only human.

• Yes FH see your point in regards to “what is the alternative?”

just seems that we never hear of anyone charged after the event eg Semi’s wife - who openly admitted she accused him out of spiteful jealousy. 

And therein lies my point. It is not only the obvious damage inflicted onto the accused etc for vexatiously bringing charge; it also makes it harder for the genuine victims of abuse to come forward for fear of being bundled in the same basket as someone that brings forward allegations  out of  whatever spiteful reason they may have. Cant see that helps  the genuine victim at all.

Imo it would help if there was some sort of press related acknowledgement the person was charged for lodging the proven vexatious allegation would help the genuine victims lodge.

• Agree 100% but it's a hot topic. It's like suggesting that women commit domestic violence - some people just don't want to know. 

• Im not making any judgements but in NSW a person can be charged with 

Make False Statement, perjury etc and comes under the charge,s of

Perverting The Course of Justice - and comes with  a maximum 14 years imprisonment.

Make false Statement - comes with maximum 7 years imprisonment.

Mind you there is nothing wrong in telling the truth to a court and not being believed, or what you say isnt enough evidence to convict a person.

• Regarding Brett Stewart, it is an important distinction to make that because the court found him 'not guilty' of what he was being accused, does not make him a blameless and entirely innocent individual.

• From memory Bourbs didn't the girl's father end being charged with attempted extortion or similar.

I think it was in fact an attempt to blackmail Stewart, was it not?

• I have to be very careful what I say here.

Let's just say there was fault on both sides.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Graham polkinghorne replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Whatever happens BA will finish the season, unless he decides enough is enough and he has answers."
2 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Seek help."
33 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.
If they…"
40 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Pops, are you seriously considering the head of football and the coach are not equally accountable for recruitment.   I reckon you've fallen into the tct trap"
50 minutes ago
More…