Israel folou, 2ue interview

Listening  this morning,  alan Jones  interviewing  israel folou who is raising  3 million dollars  from public donations  for his legal  fees  against  rugby  Australia for unfair  dismissal.  This morning Israel  said  his fight  is because  of his strong  Faith , beliefs  in the bible that has made him who he is today.  Now personally  ive  nothing  against  him what so ever,  but he mentions   to jones very  strongly  the importance of the bible again on which he lives  by , which  he comes  to as we all know  his public condemnation for many sinners who eventually will end up in hell . Can  those  out there  who is familiar with   the bible  tell me if Israel is 100% correct to  pass  judgement   based on his beliefs ? Here is  one  quote , but is there  another  side  ?3045972464?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Re the bit U said re Folou's wife, that was a snippet on the midday news today. Either the 7 news from 1130 or the ABC at noon.

• HOE, what I have seen of the tweet that he put up the message was not directed to homosexuals alone, he lists several other categories as well. If you read what the Bible says in regards to what he says, especially in the New Testament, and 1 Corinthians, a church having deep issues go to Chapter 6 and 7 If you also look up the following short words Inherit the Kingdom it will reveal a few other verses as well.

In those verses and other areas, what is being called for is for Christians to lead a morally right and sound life.  One of the areas is adulterers. how many marriages have failed through infedelity? and who is at fault, I am not judging here but its something thats close to home for me, seeing good relationships and marriages break down through one of them having sex issues to the point of addiction and drunkeness. Its affected his children and caused a bitter divorce as well.

• Colin, 

Yes. I am not religious but agree. And people have no idea of its lonely path of destruction unless they have been through it. It rips silent shreds out of you, many years after it's all over.

• His wife has also been subject to online abuse.

• Col, Seriously; Folau's wife has been subject to abuse as well? For what? Crazy shit. What have they been saying? Sad. 

It's getting out of hand. 

What now we're back to persecuting Christians? 

Though I still feel businesses should have the right to choose who they employ, and who is good for business - and am against vilifying hate speech. It's really become a shit-storm of "hate". 

The hate-speech is coming from both supporters and opponents.

I'm even thinking of deleting or modifying my blog critical of Folau when I get some time. 

Because the whole thing is just a stupid mess.

• Agree HOE the world is now officially fucked.

As if it wasn't bad enough being a Parra fan waiting for the elusive premiership, living in Qld during their origin dominance despite being a true blue NSW fan.  Now I have to put up with a society where unless you have extreme views to the left or right you are faceless in government or corporate decisions and forced to try and pick a side. 

With the on going bombardment of petty arguments and opinions now dominating mainstream media as well as social media I truly fear for the future.

Wish I was as old as poppa and others so I could have had my best years in a simpler time.  

• HOE.  In the Bible, there are verses that talk of the last days, that is the time before Jesus returns, a lot of people try to put a time line on it, they have many and varied viewpoints with 3 being predominant, Jesus words on this are recording in Mathew 24 and there are other NT verses as well

Some of the things mentioned as signs include lust for those of the same sex, lose of morality, love will become cold, brothers turn against brother, mothers turn against daughter, these are said to be birth pains, and we see them these days.

The writer of the book Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire also had a shortened version which put IIRC 7 areas that was the final cause of its fall. Lust for those of the same sex. Worship of idols, breakdown of family values and morality in the family. The turning away from Religious belief. Gluttony and drunkeness. There were some others and all within that same area, there was rebelion against authority and the like.

I actually see a world in turmoil, I go out in Sydney and even regionals and the constant opening of food and liquer outlets, increase in gambling, murders and marriage breakdowns and the like all fit in with what happened to the Roman Empire we still have some areas to go though.

When we go shopping its only for whats needed, as we live totally reliant on the aged pension, our meals out are the Maccas $5.00 lunches, we are also tightwads with what we have, as we don't have any relief from the high cost of low inflation.  What I am amazed at is the general high level of obese looking people, in the shops and food courts, those with babies that are also obese babies and some have trouble standing up its not a good site and not confined to one section of the community, either.

I am 180cm tall, used to be 125Kg in weight, owing to health and eating slightly better I now sit around 84-5 Kg's while I feel a lot better, my body does tell me other, especially as I wait for hospital appointments.

At 72, I am closer to being out of this world than staying longer term, I have no fear of death but would like to see our grandkids grow up more, But, I actually fear for them and the modern generation, and I am glad I have lived in the age I have, and not now.

I have met up with quite a few Americans during the Vietnam war years and how they and our own troops were vilfied for fighting on their return home, same with watching the movie American Sniper as the hero there tried to help others but was murdered by one he was trying to help. I watched with disgust on the news one night when the Reverend Alan Walker called for protestors to gather at South Head to protest HMAS Sydney as it was to leave Sydney the following day and try to prevent it from leaving, and the supplies from reaching our troops fighting and dying.  I hate war and deaths as a result of them, but I support those who go and fight as part of their jobs.

There will be wars and rumours of wars, the love of man will grow cold ------- from the Bible that talks of the end times.

PS< that's it for me on this topic.  Will now go and play with our 17 month old Border Collie.

• Statistics show that the world is actually a much more civilized and safe place than other times in history.

https://slides.ourworldindata.org/war-and-violence/#/12

https://www.ijpr.org/post/world-actually-safer-ever-and-heres-data-...

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/142159

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2015/7/13/8908397/11-charts-best-t...

But yer, you know, moral decay, end of times et al does fit a certain narrative. We need more police, laws, surveillance, border control, armed forces, return to " traditional  / conservative " lifestyles to help keep you safe from the __________ ( insert bogey man) that is making the world a worse place.

The Visual History of Decreasing War and Violence
              A short presentation about the rise of political freedom and decline in violent deaths.
              • Interesting stats and all.  But, with the overall world population increasing, living longer and other aspects, deaths per head % of population will continue to drop but the amount of deaths will continue to grow, and there are many locations that no data is available for regarding deaths through conflicts.

A lot of smaller countries in Africa and even South America, the Phillipines and part of continental areas in the provinces of India, Myanmar and others are rarelly newsworthy to the west as it often means the west has to dip in to the bank accounts or similar.

• Handled very badly by RA, if they had of ignored the post we would have no problem now.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
4 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
5 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…