Idea,s on how we beat storm ?

Dirty bastards as we know . Will be a delight to see smith frustrated and smith under fire and bellamy getting the shits , how do we do that ? 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't be predictable 

• And for Sivo to stop coming in

• One slight tactical change. Go to the edges early in our own half. 
    Simple right?

The Raiders have the blueprint on beating the Storm and it's a surprisingly simple tactic. 
    Melbourne want the grind. Middle third only, set for set and eventually you make an error and they make you pay. Then they strangle you out of the match. 
    Raiders have beaten Melbourne consistently. Apart from the usual 1 percenters that every good team must do, The Raiders go to their edges early from inside their own half. Not as a tactic to score but merely as a yardage play. When done effectively The Raiders go 60-80m on a set. The Storm absolutely hate it and begin to panic. They can't grind you down and their plan A goes out the window. 
    Bottom line is you can't simply out enthuse Melbourne and go set for set. You must disrupt them, do things they hate. Going to an edge and using the ball inside your own half is something the Storm hate defending. 

• This x 1000!!

Look at the teams that unsettle Melbourne and it's because they don't try and beat them at their own game, they play an anti-Melbourne game.

We will not beat Melbourne Storm at Melbourne Storm tactics. But Melbourne Storm tactics are absolutely beatable and given that they're a team that constantly plays from the front they can also get on the tilt like the Roosters did against the Rabbits if they get unsettled.

I'm more than happy to go down swinging trying a tactic that has merit - I don't want to get slugged out of the game by Melbourne tactics though...it's predictable as night becoming day. Go wide early, get them unsettled, kick early if they start to come up, keep the ball in their half and then be patient and play the percentages.

• I believe Mel will go out wide yo their wingers early to put on quick early points. To try and take advantage of our weakest links . From memory I think they might have five that last time we played them .   Interesting read and not unnoticed regarding Flake erson not staying on his opposition number a few time on the weekend when Blake has the outside centre covered .. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/lack-of-trust-hurting-eels-ster...

Lack of trust hurting Eels: Sterlo
    A lack of trust in defence between Blake Ferguson and Waqa Blake is hurting the Eels, club icon Peter Sterling says.
    • Brian Smith drummed it into the team when he coached them. Trust your inside man, you culd see it in the way they defended for each other. 

• a. Play clinical footbal.

b. Have patience, need to build up . Cannot score everytime.

c. Reduce set restart to minimum.

d. Believe in himself. Melbourne are group of players not a machine and they have been beaten. 

e. Mosses kicking game has to be prime. 

f Edge defence, God this is what I am worried. I am worried about SIVO more than BLAKE and BLAKE combination. 

g. Shaun Lane, he has been lazy, he needs to get more involved. 

h. No mistakes like high tackle, 10 m stuff...

Lets bring the game to Melbourne doorstep and see how they fare. 

• Was disappointed BA didn't blow up about lack of set restarts when given the opportunity at the Presser on Saturday night. They will be important against the Drizzle.

Every grubby act in the NRL since the mid 2000s stems from Melbourne. I hope we kick them to kingdom come. They're the Bulldogs of the 21st century.

•  I would try an ambush start for the first 30 minutes. A simple power game with the ball and a fast defensive line hitting hard with as many players in tackles as possible.  When kicking from our own half I would look for touch as much as possible. This eliminates them from attacking from broken play and gives our big boys a little rest before the next ambush. When attacking in their 20 metre zone I would be changing angles with players back on the inside and use the grubber to force line dropouts.

• Use a Tommy Gun!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Also Burt to this day shocks me he never got a rep call up. "
3 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Hahaha, speech we had a killer side. Their forward pack wasn't half as good as ours. One player beat 17. I would take that forward pack any day of the week. Same with the backline, they were all reliable. Probably the only one I would of changed was…"
5 minutes ago
EA replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"They will no doubt ask for Sanders now as Kaeo Weeks is their back up half but he is more of a fullback. No point asking for Schiller since he is off to the knights next year. Pretty sure raiders will line up like the following next year with…"
11 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"I'd say Wests Tigers and Gold Coast are more North Sydney than anything, only a way worse version. Wests Tigers have only made three finals in 23 years! and currently have the third longest finals drought in history since 1908. Gold Coast....well…"
15 minutes ago
More…