Gutho Vs Hayne. Who ya got?

In light of Gutho's stellar season and Dally M contention, who would you have in your team?

Two vastly different playing styles, Guthos all out consistent effort and professionalism vs Haynes game winning talent but hot and cold attitude.

Who do you want as your fullback?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But I do love Gutho. He is the fittest player I have ever seen. While he doesn't have the talent of a Turbo, Tedesco or Ponga, his try saving tackles, energy and desperation is one of the best in the game. 

• Yes I love Guth as well and really it is a meaningless issue making these comparisons......we all Know that the Mayor was the best ever and Hayne could have been.......now we have Guth and he is our best.

Funny anyone that has lived through the Thornett era and is still alive today and therefore capable of making the comparisons have no doubt that Thornett was the best!

For the people that want to argue that, tell me you saw him play in the flesh and we can start a real discussion!

• As much as I love Gutho, there is no comparison. On his day, Hayne was a freak.

• Hayne, everyday, not even close 

• Gutho he complements a team

As for Hayne he was a great individual but not a great team player. I often thought he would of been very successful if he stuck to athletic I think a individual sport would suite him

• Gutho is a team first player.  Just doesnt have the pace to be top tier. Hayne was sublime on his day. But he also would have days where he didnt give a flying xuck. 

• I’ve often thought it would be nice to see what Jarryd could’ve done in this team - might’ve made it easier to perform more consistently?

Jarryd for fullback.

he is good enough for Brett Kenny to recently mention he is the one player he wished he could’ve played with at 1(he added with no disrespect to his past great teammates) then that says it all - and that’s no disrespect to Guth either. 

Glad both are and have been ours! Love em both.

• Hayne. 

• Hayne was an amazing player but totally selfish, Gutherson is someone you always want in the team, works hard no matter what. 

the last time Hayne played for us in 2018 we finished last. Without him we finished 4th in 2017, 5th in 2019 and 3rd this year. I pick Gutherson.

• Yeah, because we finished last because of him.

This whole “Hayne was selfish” narrative is just nonsense. Whenever it is challenged for evidence to support the result is always tumbleweeds.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

josh jones replied to Marty's discussion Without more additions 2021
"No chance If wonka is there.  Reads D like Stevie Wonder reads music."
1 hour ago
Rappetite replied to Marty's discussion Without more additions 2021
"Parramatta lacks a grubby niggler with swagger and grit. That's what nadan provides. "
3 hours ago
DR WONG.MD BSA (THE SLUGG SLAYER replied to Marty's discussion Without more additions 2021
"Neither has Shane"
4 hours ago
MontoEel replied to Marty's discussion Without more additions 2021
"The Bulldogs will be a top side in 2021 as will Titans, Dragons, Cowboys. "
4 hours ago
More…