Gut Feeling Prediction

I know that there are many disappointed Eels fans at the moment and I certainly don't want to add to the misery or dejection but what is your current gut feeling as to what will unfold this year in terms of possible changes:

1) The current coach will remain and see out his contract until end of 2022 regardless of results or finals appearances.

2) The current coach will be asked to leave at end of 2021 and Flangan or another coach will be assigned for 2022 onwards.

* This will result in exodus of some players due to their dedication to current coach

3) The current coach will be given another extension for 1 or 2 years.

4) Something else and if so explain.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Its not just the coach/BA issue and same with the players. The position the club is in ATM, is not good, and  Gutho spray to Opi is not a good sign, it shows that there is tension in the whole team, which if not addressed by all in the club, all the players and coaching staff need to be open and honest in addressing the internal conflicts, if its not resolved prior to the next game, then  there will be some players leave as a consequence.

I have seen what are deemed honesty sessions work exceptionaly well, every person/player & coach has to say their piece & in a very open and honest way, the key to the resolution of any problems, big or small is to be open and honest, also to be frank in any issues that are seen. Sometimes when its just between two people, its quite easy having them make a peace, when all the cards are on the table.

Over my working years, I have seen mates end up ready to all but strangle each other, some I have seen where one of the protagonists seems not ready to give an inch in what is seen as a bit dispute, and between two fella's who worked together for some years, but a very minor issue took place that ended up coming to blows, and they had to be seperated, after some cooling off, an agreement was reached for a trained person in conflict resolution was brought in, and it took 20 minutes and all was resolved, in that case it was caused by a case of complete misunderstanding, and dumb at that

• The simplest and best solution is to just move on, the club needs make tough decisions.  Being there abouts doesn't cut it anymore.

• BA should accept it or leave. If he wants to leave, he will be joining a very shit club.

• bennets available muttman

• Surely madge gets fired and tigers offer ba a contract. 

• It's apparent that the coach is really out of his depth and can't seem to take the team any further. However, because of his close connection with the board and certain players I really can only see him at least completing his contract until end of 2022. Its quite depressing really to have to put up for another season of the 'collision' mentality. I just can't see any way out of this current mess unless the coach and players are able to do a complete 360 and turn things around which seems highly unlikely. 

I see Manly actually more of threat than the Roosters at overtaking the Eels on the ladder. The Eels have a very challenging run to the finals and its hard to see them winning many of these remaining games. Seriously even the return of Mitch Moses doesn't give one to much over confidence. 

• If they do a 360 they will arrive back where they started? 

• True! What about a 180?

• The players won't go anywhere. Players are pragmatic, they may be loyal to BA, but they're also pros. 

• My gut - Brad will see out the year and then be thanked for his service.

We will go for Bennet first with a two or three year deal with a succession plan with a young coach in the mix.

Gutherson staying would be on a knife edge but i think he stays for less. then what he is currently on with his Origin bonus from last year diminished.

We will lose no other player that we want to keep. " Gutho could go either way if Manly had coin. But i don't think they do."

The new coach will cut Waqa,and  Opacic and a forward, Fergo will be given an extension. Gutho and Dylan one will be our new centre the other will retain his position. An x factor player will be brought in to take the other position.

2022 will see an Eels V Penrith Grandfinal with Moses man of the match and the Eels securing a 14-12 win, for the first time in 36 years.

I can go to my grave happy as i have ever been 👍

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Cowboys wasn't a great performance LB. they have been shown up quiet badly after we managed to bust their defence at will in their Red Zone! i.e. fundamentally the same attack as the Phins game, just a different resolve from the defence.
Can we…"
4 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I think anyone that has common sense and decency are in this boat. That is not to say BA should stay, I agree he has to go.
The one argument that we don't know is who has pulled the strings on the recruitment wagon, it is really a problem and…"
15 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I know mate I know..... BA is hard headed and doesn't ever seem to learn from his mistakes as we all can see.
Going to the game tonight half I hope me and my boys don't leave embarrassed "
19 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I would accept that if it was their first time or second time in Darwin. This was their 10th. He knew exactly the conditions."
24 minutes ago
More…