Replies

• This had to happen and it's absolutley the right way to do it, coming in via the RM Cup. The PNG Hunters started slowly but have eventually become a really good team in the Q Cup and the PNG National team is seeing the dividends. The ral benefits for Fiji will manifest themselves in the next 5-10 years.

• can someone tell me why fergo pulled out of last nights game?

• This reply was deleted.
      • To me it shows he still has that dork aspect in him.

• https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/10/11/fiji-silktails-to-join-nsw...

At the moment there's not a great amount of info from the NSWRL and NRL as to what is to happen with the lower grade and comps going forward, while this is great news and should enliven the Fijian community into following and supporting RL with RU maybe taking something of a background game to an extent, its also likely that the RM cup Fiji team could well continue with the following year Flegg will be also part of the Jnr comps, then perhaps Canterbury cup.

I am therefore wondering what teams will be playing in  lower grade/comps next year. On the day of the Canterbury Cup GF, the TV commentators seemed to indicate that Wenty will not be part of that competition as the eels will be taking that spot is that what is going to happen, meaning Wenty is out of the game, temporarily or permanently?  If they stay in and each of the other teams also stay in that comp, with the eels also going in, it means an uneven number of clubs and therefore a bye round will be introduced, something I think is a good move as far as expansion but opens up the game for more teams and players to play at that level and be considered more as the specific clubs reserves.

Over time as the Fiji side goes up, hopefully maintaining a team in each comp, it would/could mean the elimination of the bye round as well. 

To me I look forward to these changes.

The Fijian team may already have their ballboy/ water carrier lined up.

Fiji 'Silktails' to join NSWRL competition in 2020
    NSWRL has today announced an historic agreement with Fiji National Rugby League which will see Fiji field a team in a NSWRL competition next season i…
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to LB's discussion If not Bennett, then who?
"So what you're saying is that Madge and Demitriou were sacked because the players run the club, if that's the case here, why hasn't BA been sacked?"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"That's not answering the question.  I'm sure Brad won an award or two when he was coaching bush footy. The question is wouid you walk away from your income if some parents decided they wanted you out. Let's for arguments sake say they found you be…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"I could easily see him popping up at Canterbury , Newcastle , wests or Souths ( should they miss out on Wayneo) . I think Wests could benefit from him as head coach big time. "
4 hours ago
EA replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Blake was good in 2019 as he only joined mid season that year. From 2020 he was horrible. He did have a decent end to the season when we got knocked out my Penrith in the finals in a close game, but that's about it. "
5 hours ago
More…