Fergo to stay for 22

Veteran winger to stay with Parramatta in 2022​

Blake Ferguson's two-try performance in the Eels' mighty upset over Melbourne may well have saved the veteran winger's career.

The 31-year-old flanker has had a mixed season, at one stage being dropped, and had yet to be offered a deal for 2022.

But Fergy is a proven big-game player - as he showed against the Storm - and his manager Sam Ayoub is hoping to strike a new arrangement soon.
I've spoken to Fergy this week and while other clubs may be an option, he prefers to stay with the Eels.

"I will let Sam do the talking for me," he said. "He's never disappointed me in contract years."

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/6e9bfa05-e8ce-4f56-b6b3-748ad6400b11?__twitter_impression=true 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He will retire an eel

• A 1 year deal will be very good for Fergo. We will need him with Sivo out. We need to keep developing Dunster and Naiduiki for the future as well.

• He's got the skill to pay centre. If we don't get a replacement for Wacka I'd play him at centre. Almost zero chance you winning a premiership with a cente that is unable to read defense.Now if fergo also reads it wrong then put him back to the wing.

• Waqa has been great for us the last couple of weeks why the unnescceary hate. Last week he made 15 tackles and missed 0 the week before that he made 10 tackles and missed 0. 

• 2 X games out of two seasons is why?  Not that hard.

• PS there is more to it than stats on his tackles.  He cannot pass, he rarely sets up his winger or inside player for that matter and yet he plays centre.  Now tell me how his reads in defence have been for two seasons and the flow on from that?

• I agree - he can't pass. He's got no lateral vision and no instinct as a centre. Not sure what his long term future is but it ain't a centre. 

• i think waqa has been better recently though Penisini has been more impressive in 3 games than waqa all this year.

• I hope the club can strike a deal - fergo offers plenty.  

• BA mentioned a few weeks ago he wants him to stay and think it is same on Fergo's end, Sivo's injury just made it more clear to the club on the decision.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"So you think BA is juvenile over his numbering. The only juveniles are the ones who can't accept that no matter what number they have will make no difference how they play. Do you think it would make a difference if Reg and Paulo swapped numbers."
8 minutes ago
Archie commented on Hell On Eels's event R8 v Manly: Tick Tock
"Spot on HOE with the cultural issues, we have no true identity. It sadens me that my mates, mostly Bronco and Roosters supporters, now pity me enough to go easy when sledging our woes..."
15 minutes ago
The Captain replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"The PNRL board are, like any board, there to set the objectives of the organisation, ensure appropriate governance, and hire/fire the CEO.
There are a few challenges with the way things are currently set up. Firstly, the PNRL board positions are all…"
18 minutes ago
Archie commented on Hell On Eels's event R8 v Manly: Tick Tock
"Sad but true Daz :)"
20 minutes ago
More…