Andrew Johns has said Sanders is the one that St. George Illawarra should be going for in the wake of Lomax's release approval. He is spot on, Hunt is 34, it is hard enough getting a decent Halfback on the open market as many just do not see the open market. Why not get a hold of one of the best youngsters and develop under Hunt?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2024-dragons-zac-lomax-release-ethan-sanders-andrew-johns-exclusive-eels/fe42c4ee-88b5-4f3f-851c-7c0843f9f7c8

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That might be true for St George, but this week has highlighted the fact that Parra don't have a single back-up halfback in the squad other than Sanders, who is not NRL ready. I don't think we can afford to gamble that we dont need one - the next 8 weeks or so will attest to that I am sure. If it becomes and either/or scenario, I would rather hang on to Sanders and let Lomax slip by for this year.

• Sanders is going no matter what. If he's not ready for 1st grade this year, might as well let him go, win for us, win for them.

• The fact BA has not named Sanders at all really shows he wont be played. Asi would be next named if need another half.

• If he is that good, he can be told he is welcome back once moses' time is up and he has some experience from somewhere else. Particularly if he is not going to get that experience while here.

• This is clearly the best option for all parties including the players.

I think if you throw in Ogden it's an absolute no brainer.

• I mean that'll be a dream just Ogden but doubt they take it. 

• Make it happen just to piss Sticky off!

• If I'm Sanders no way I'm going to St George. The Eels can't force him to go there. 

• I think Sanders would back himself in to make an impact in first grade. 

Flanagan makes a good 9, Hunt as his halves partner and an attacking threat out the back, solid spine. Solid outside back ranks, with good juniors coming through.

Forward pack needs a bit more punch but I think there is a good base there. Not as bad as it might seem. 

Gotta look at it as if you were a future start who is competitive and confident.

• Of course they can't. But he might see it as a chance to stay in Sydney and play NRL straight away.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 11 Team List v Melbourne Storm (Magic Round)
"Guarantee Storm v Dogs and one other game. I'm sure he was in control of the top teams and remember me saying he wasn't flustered with their tactics. Good ref."
18 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to HKF's discussion Eels leaders in player options
"Argh yes I forgot all about Fifita going there.
Crichtons the oldest of the bunch at 28.
Tupouniua would definitely be a good go get if we could afford to make that move."
58 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to HKF's discussion Eels leaders in player options
"Thanks mate good write up here."
1 hour ago
Muttman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Blaize offered 3 years 1.1 mill contract.
"Blaize has had huge wraps on him his entire junior career. Played Origin, won a SG Ball GF. Matty John's called him a blue ribbon junior. There's no way Isaac Moses would have agreed to a long term deal when it was obvious that NRL was getting…"
6 hours ago
More…