Eels sign Brock Lamb on two year deal

To view this email as a web page, go here.
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmclient.ticketmaster.com%2Flib%2Ffe9415737c60067f73%2Fm%2F5%2F85e30fe0-8bb3-4c11-bfc4-569f464de352.png&d=2019-12-10T03%3A33%3A58.185Z
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmclient.ticketmaster.com%2Flib%2Ffe9415737c60067f73%2Fm%2F5%2F73c37a95-b9b6-4331-b0b3-354d2873814c.jpg&d=2019-12-10T03%3A33%3A58.185Z
Brock Lamb signs with the Eels 

The Parramatta Eels Club has signed Brock Lamb on a year two-year contract until the end of the 2021 season.

Playing in the halves position, Brock will be in the development squad next season and in the top 30 for 2021. 

Parramatta Eels Club General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said, “Brock provides depth to an already talented roster and will ensure competition for spots in our halves remain high. Following his return from Super League, we’ve provided Brock with an opportunity to re-ignite his NRL career and we are grateful he has agreed to be part of the Eels for the coming two seasons.”

Brock previously played for the Newcastle Knights and the Sydney Roosters in the NRL, and for the London Broncos in the Betfred Super League.

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.tmclient.ticketmaster.com%2Flib%2Ffe9415737c60067f73%2Fm%2F5%2F4a3c40b7-191b-4f9f-83f8-5f8743c8be92.png&d=2019-12-10T03%3A33%3A58.185Z
To unsubscribe from Eels updates, click here 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did he play for the knights?

• Sure did!

• Thanks EE , just did some youtube searches he seems to go ok . good pick up

• I imagine he will spend the entire two year in reserve grade unless we have major injury problems.

He doesn't have a great CV.  2 x wooden spoon winner with Newcastle and then he was cut, he was also in the London Broncos team which were relegated.

He was good for Norths in reserve grade though so that is probably his level.

• The way I see it is we're gonna give D.Brown another rest midway through next season for a few weeks (following his back problems last season) now we have a ready made 1st Grade standard back up... smart decision I think!! 

• Thats what I was thinking. That back will be an ongoing problem.

• This reply was deleted.
        • So did Pat Cummins. Affected him for years. Maybe he will fine but there is at least risk that the problems will be ongoing in the short term and he may need to be rested but now we have him covered with an ex junior kangaroo half.

• Hot spots, or in general those types of injuries can be recurring up to the age of around 25 as that is when they are growing the most. Their bones are still maturing and learning how to handle loads. 

Hot spots are precursors to stress fractures, which is why he was back in about 3 months as opposed to 12 months.

He will need to be managed for the foreseeable future and we may have to rest him to preserve his back and ensure he can play regularly. He pulled out of the Nines due to back soreness so that indicates the hot spots never truly resolved, they just reduced to a point where he wasn't at risk of a stress fracture.

I'd assume the strength and conditioning staff will do everything they can to keep him fit but in reality, rest is literally the only cure for this type of condition. He'll eventually grow out of it.

• Exactly right!

• This reply was deleted.
              • Is Brock still with us, i heard he's no longer with the club, is it true.??

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"The thing about this game that is curious and worrying to me is are Wests the real deal or was last week just a mood. I tipped Wests to beat Cronulla last week for a few reasons. 1) Was not convinced on Cronulla's past 2 performances where they were…"
6 minutes ago
BEM replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Sivo is back this round.
Lomax doesn't want to play wing at the Dragons so I doubt he would come here to play the same position.
He would replace Harper.
1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Lomax
4. Penisini 
5. Russell 
That would be the best backline we have had…"
7 minutes ago
Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
22 minutes ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
45 minutes ago
More…