Current Thoughts on Gutho as Captain

I really like Clint Gutherson as a player and he's improved heaps since he first came to Parra and he's high energy and he brings so much to the Eels side. I'm just wondering if the Eels would be better having a Captain amongst the forwards ( who is another question) there has been some criticism from Mark Geyer and Co that Gutherson's verbal spray at Opacic was out of place and unnecessary and not good as a team Captain. I'm in two minds as whether Gutho is the right fit for a Captain. What do you think?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree totally mate. Guth may not be one of the great captains but there's no denying his passion. 

I reckon he's definately the best choice in our squad - by a mile.

• Best option I think for Gutho he puts himself under pressure by trying to be the guy to get us out of trouble.

In the end the obvious choice is someone who's postion in the team is secure

Obviously the choice for captain it's Waqa Blake 

• I think we all know that Jacob Arthur will be named our new captain shortly. As soon as he's signed his new 4 year 5 million dollar deal.

• Mate that wouldn't surprise me at all the way this year is going.

• JA has won the beep test for the last 8 years & had 6 exclusive podcasts with TCT.

Maybe time to pass the batton? ; )

How the hell are ya K-Man?

Im nursing a f&8king huge hang over- been a couple of big nights (mornings) watching the Olympics how good were the scissoring Matlilda's!

One thing I love about here, no matter what the time difference is you get on the piss to watch sport! Passionate culture... in all ways ; )

I hope I am still on your bucket list mate-

"Fly to Brazil, to meet a complete stranger... and be shown the fucking time of your life!"

Make sure you pack the antivirals.

• LOL, I'll be there brother - you know it.

The Scissoring Matildas!!! Can't wait for the semi, already have a semi just thinking about it. I wasn't sure about these Olympics with no crowds but they're going fecking awesome - good time difference for Aussies too. Pretty excited for my fave - the syncro swimming :)

9339525659?profile=RESIZE_710x

9339525866?profile=RESIZE_930x

Hope you've got plenty of hard liquor ready mate. Actually, don't worry, I'll hit duty free on the way through. Night one - Scotch and Cognac :)

• Jesus, I thought I had dropped acid looking at the photos.. optical illusions. Delicious.

Like the 3D painting Kramer bought and Mr Pitt couldn't see.

I saw a photo of your liquor cabinet mate... muito impressive but i couldn't see any cachaca.

I will truly hold you to the vist mate. Life is not rehersal. What have you got to lose?...except your wife!

Imagine the photos we could post on here, both of us wearing blue and gold sunga's, tanned as fuck walking like prized pigeons up & down copacabana strip... Leme to Leblon.

• Yeah - I figure if I'm gonna have a bottle it's got to be purchased IN Brazil. 

We can make the purchase - after plenty of sampling, obviously :)

• TBC amigo.

10am here... time to get back to neutral... recharge the batteries and catch some sleep.

Family BBQ later today... they are never short events.

• Cheers Brother :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"We do have Sam Tuivaiti who is a good kid. Only thing is he is stuck in Flegg still and not sure why he has not been put in NSW cup now. He is on a top 30 deal for 2025, so why not let him develop in Cup? I understand they may want Flegg to do…"
4 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"All good points but regardless of results, these are in all honesty moot points.....
They've just signed Lomax and BA still has a year to run on his current contract. Few things this club does not like are change and winning..."
11 minutes ago
Rise of an empire replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"We should of bought Schiller "
12 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
GUTHERSON BLAIZES A TRAIL FOR TALAGI AT NO.1 Fatima Kdouh - in Darwin Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has anointed boom rookie Blaize Talagi as the long-term successor to Clint Gutherson at fullback.Talagi, the brightest prospect at the Eels, has…
19 minutes ago
More…